Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, all,

I have a simple question I should know the answer to, after reading what I thought were the appropriate parts of the 2018 Gold Wing owner's manual. I have the DCT version, but I don't think that makes any difference.

I used to use the mileage indicator whenever I filled the tank. I'd write down the mileage and later enter that information in a spreadsheet I wrote (which is free to anyone who asks), mainly to calculate the gas mileage (right at 40 mpg last time I checked). But something I did in the last two fill-ups made the mileage indicator change from about 9,000 miles to just under 150 miles. What did I do?

More importantly, how do I return the bike to showing me the total mileage since I bought it?

I assume the solution is in the manual somewhere, and I assume it has something to do with Trip A versus Trip B, but I'm stumped.

Help, and thanks.

--Johnny Gee

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I think you inadvertently reset the trip that you were using, if that is the case you will have to start over.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mr. Dupler, that might be the problem. Now I have some follow-up questions. (1) Can you think of what I inadvertently did to reset the trip? (2) Is there really no way to determine how many miles are on the bike? When I bought it back in April of 2020, Barry, it had 0 miles on it (which implies it hadn't even been on a test drive).

·
Administrator
15,249 Posts
If it's the same as my 2021; push the SET button changes it from Trip A, to Trip B, and to total mileage. If you hold that SET button down, it resets the trip to 0. It will not reset the total mileage.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
crownfire, apparently my 2018 is alike in that respect to your 2021. Pressing the SET button enough times worked perfectly, and I'm pleased to announce that my total mileage is now 10,191. FWIW, once you pass 10,000 miles, it appears, the decimal point and the single digit to the right of it disappear from the display.

Anyway, thanks to crownfire and Barry Dupler for solving a problem I just couldn't figure out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts