Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i just bought a set of mirrors for my bike to replace the one i had broken only problem is that after paying i have found out that they are for an 84 not an 87. so my question is this. will they work on my 87 at least till i can find a decent right one

·
Registered
674 Posts
could you post pictures of you old and new mirrors. My first though would be yes but I am unfamiliar with the mirrors on both years Wing.

With duct tape and bailing wire, anything could fit on your Wing.:eek:

·
Registered
74 Posts
If they are the whole mirror assembly I would say yes. If I recall right, 84 was the only year the 1200's mirrors were lower than all the other years.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Motorcycle.com App

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok the first photo is the set of 1984 mirrors its the whole assembly and the second is the stock 87 1200 mirror assembly. I do plan on buying a new set of the stock but the 84's where basically free. I also want to use the 84 mirrors to play around with doing some customization before i turn around and try applying it to the stock ones once i get them.

Attachments

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hi it is hard to tell from the pictures but can you hold up the two different mirrors to see if the bolt patterns match up? if you can get at least two bolts on I would say they would work for temp use.

·
Premium Member
11,282 Posts
I think I have the RHS miror that you want. Second hand. Let me know if you would like it in the next two days and I will bring it over and post it from USA in 2 weeks. Eric

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Eric that would be great. please let me know i'm looking for the left as well because i found its cracked in parts

·
Premium Member
11,282 Posts
I can only help with the RHS miror. I will bring it with me. Eric

·
Administrator
15,318 Posts
oh your coming to the us? whereabouts are you going any where near Massachusetts id love to shake your hand
Charlaine,
The Hoon will be in Frackville, PA on August 23 and 24 at Fossil's house. The meet and greet is on the 24th. PM Fossil for further information.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Don't know why Honda did a change on the mirrors after '84, rest of the bike is all identical. Ditto on what Crownfire says; not sure how far you'd be from fossil's place if you're in Mass.:confused:

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
eric that is the part i need yes it is. as for how far from fossil i am about 6 hrs and 30 min away or in millage 355 or so. if i planned it right I might be able to do it but have to plan it just right and make sure its a pay week end or I'm porked. Yes I know its just under a tank their and a tank back but I have to make sure i can afford a place to crash for the night. My friend with the bike camper is away on a cross country trip from RI to California and through Canada. So i cant borrow that. unless I pack a tent Hmmmmmmm

·
Premium Member
11,282 Posts
Ok then I will bring it with me. I can post it to you when I get to the USA. Orrr you can meet us and pick it up. It is now packed. Eric

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So I got the new old mirrors in and put them on after cleaning them up now I have a new problem. I kind of like them better then the stock set you tell me what looks better. here is a pic of them before the stock right was broken and one with the new old mirrors.

·
Super Moderator
12,272 Posts
I like the looks of the 1984 mirrors better, but which ones are easier to see behind you?

·
Registered
674 Posts
The all black mirrors look good it darkens up the front end some.
The other pair looks like they belong better. either way is good.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.