Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put those chrome louver accents on my '10 Wing. Used the supplied double stick tape. Drove one block down the road the next day and the left side fell off. Chipped the corner. Came back home, used my sticky back tape on the right side but for some dumb reason, I used silicone (clear) on the left side.

Later, the right side falls off. Not all the way, but apparently the heat made the double stick soft and it came loose.

Got rid of them! Well, the left side which I used the silicone on didn't budge so I went to Honda, spent $268.00 for a new one, then paid $230 to have the shop tear off my fairing front so they could get to the five screws that hold it in place.

I now have a left louver with silicone glue all over it but the paint is still good. I've spent the last hour trying to get it off. What is the best way to remove silicone glue? Total waste of money. I feel stupid and it's just another lesson in life. Sort of like getting a ticket. It's just money down the rat hole. I want to clean off the silicone, put the part on Ebay and maybe, somewhere, there is a guy, or gal, who has done the same dumb thing I did and at least they won't have to pay $260 for a '10 metallic red louver.

Any suggestions? I'm all EYES:

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
There is a product called GOOF-OFF, suppose to work wonders on all kind of sticky stuff.

·
Super Moderator
11,803 Posts
Goof Off will damage the paint.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts