Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the bike MP3 player or the CB unit from Sierra Electronics? I was looking to put an MP3 player on the bike instead of CD player and this one from Sierra Electronics claims to have resolved all the issues the J&M player had as far as not turning off and pausing when switching to another audio source.

The CB unit seems like it would be the best thing going that I have seen so far in that you can plug in a FRS or GMRS unit to the CB and use both with the factory CB controls. The FRS with it's longer range would be great and to be able to choose between the CB or the FRS would be a big plus, and it's cheaper than the Honda CB unit. Sounds too good to be true and since I don't have any experience with CB's I am looking to find anyone who has tried one or both of these units. I would like to know how they perform and what are the drawbacks or problems with the units.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the radio I'm talking about.(GL2Way) It seems like a very good deal if it works as claimed. I just haven't been able to find any reviews on it from riders who have used them. I was hoping someone on the forum has one or knows someone who has one and does it work as advertised. Never had a CB or even radio on my other bikes and with the GW I would like to have all the options. Just don't want to pay an extreme amount for them.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Thought it might be.
1. If Sierra sells it-it's good! Otherwise they wouldn't handle it!.
2. Call Sierra and ask for Wayne and talk w/him. He can fill you in on any audio questions you may have and fix you up w/exactly the items that will work for you.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks tfdeputy. I was creeping on the gl1800riders site and found a bunch of posts from guys that already have the GL2Way from sierra. There is nothing but praise for the unit and apparently it works as advertised. Along with being able to have CB it also will let you toggle between CB and FRS/GMRS radio using the OEM controls. Can hook up GPS, radar detector into unit and all will work through the bike audio. Also talk of bluetooth cell phone mod they are working on right now. All of this for less than the price of the Honda CB. It sounded too good to be true but there are a bunch of Wing riders that are very happy with the unit and also the service from the company. The only gripes were the waiting on back ordered parts for units. And even that seems to have been resolved. This may be my next big add on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts