Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am wondering where I can get info on how to attach a Hannigan HMS SP2 sidecar to an 89' GW. Can someone point me in the right direction ?
Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi BL,
I'm hoping the Hannigan will send me detailed instructions. Thanks for your quick assistance.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Please let us know what you find out.
If the same sop is in place on the side cars as on the trike kits, there are no instructions available to the consumer. You will be told you must use a "factory trained" installer for the installation!

·
Premium Member
24,648 Posts
Welcome to the site. Hope you get some help with that 'hack'!:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sidecar install.

Thanks for the responses. I just spoke to a Hannigan install mech, and he said that there will be a basic instruction booklet come with the SP2, hack. I'll comment later, after the sidecar is attached. I had hoped for a CD, or some other info to come with a $ 9,000 unit. :(

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Welcome to the forum good luck on your installation

·
Premium Member
7,510 Posts
No doubt others may have done this install. You might put a post on the Saunders Forum as they have a much larger membership and the possibilities of getting some help there may be advised. http://goldwingfacts.com/forums/

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Maryland

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hannigan sidecar assistance

Well, I got very little help from Hannigan in returning my phone calls. The wiring schematics were very poor, as were the assembly diagrams. There was a part missing from the kit, and one plastic part was broken. I will say that the body molding is first class, and the painting is excellent. In the final analysis, I would not recommend buying a Hannigan Sidecar. I expected better assistance on a $9,000 item. :(

·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
There is an association with a website for just about everything you can think of.

Go to sidecar.com for The United SideCar Association. They have a forum and chatroom and all the info your gonna need. And probably some members in your area who might even come over and give you a hand.

Enjoy it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts