Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering about the reliability of the old GLI 1100's. Are the 1200's & 1500's more reliable? How about parts availability on the three models I listed?

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
A lot depends on the care the bike had. I would say your best bet would be a 1500 Gold Wing, more reliable than the other two and probably a lot easier to get parts for,

·
Super Moderator
9,993 Posts
Although 1100/1200's are dependable, Joe is right about 1500's. Lots more parts available and interchangable between years. The 1500 was made for 13 years and is pretty much free from major problems. The 1000/1100/1200's were only produced a few years each and maint is much harder to perform on them. Now is your really handy with a wrench, have time and have a good shop manual, then they can be a bargin. Good luck and ride safe...

·
Premium Member
369 Posts

I love the look of the 1100, kinda of like the future waiting to happen past tense. My dealer tells me "you can't get parts". Hey don't ride on luck. I would get a 1200 over an eleven, clean w low miles. Parts may still be a trick but easier than an 11.

·
Super Moderator
7,602 Posts
Never fear parts for older Wings can be found and while they may not be new they will keep your bike running. Try www.usedgoldwingparts.com for you old Wing part needs.
Personally I wouldn't want to ride an antique motorcycle, I'd rather put it into shows. Oh yes, I am looking for a special older Wing the 1976 Limited with the gold wheels. I almost had one a month ago, someone else knew what it was and got it before me.

·
Super Moderator
12,268 Posts
Hello Hoagieman, welcome to the forum.

If the smoke is indeed white, it's not unburned fuel, that would be black. It sounds more like burned coolant.

·
Super Moderator
15,159 Posts
hello hoagieman, welcome to GWOF!! when the head gasket blew on my old 1200 wing it never had coolant in the oil or vice versa

Reactions: budoka
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.