Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For Sale: Show Chrome Backrest/Pass Armrest combo for 2001-2007 GL1800. Like new, excellent condition. $175.00 plus $20 for shipping (US only). I could meet you within 100 miles of St. Marys Ga to deliver.

Edit: This Combo is only 3 months old and came off my 2008. I say it doesn't fit 2008 because you have to add 1/2 " shims (washers, whatever)under the front mount for best results.....The Shims are not visible because they are between the Chrome mounting plate and the seat.
I took it off because my wife doesn't like the height of the armrests (She's short). Hope this answers questions. SOLD

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Choppin,
Some adds say it does some don't. Do some searching, and if you want, get back to me.

·
Banned
6 Posts
still have backrest??

Would you consider just selling backrest?? Do you have picture??
If so, how much?? I have an 09, so maybe it won"t fit?? Do you know why??

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Xharlyman,
No I can't sell only the backrest as this combo shares a common mount. As for fitment, From what I understand, starting with the 08, (maybe 07) the front seat bolts/mounts are narrower than the previous models. As a result the forward part of the tubes are pointing in. I actually took this assembly off my 2008 Titanium because my wife didn't like the height of the armrest (she's short). What I did (and others) was to put about 3/8-1/2 inch of shim material under the front part of the mounting plate. This shim material can be Flat Washers, Hard rubber whatever. once installed, the shims can't be seen because they are between the front part of the mounting plate and the seat. I myself used hard rubber washers. This shimming would not be done on a 06 or earlier (maybe 07). This is definitely a comfortable set-up, and looks good too. Hope this helps. You can see it at this web-site:
http://www.chromeworld.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=2837

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Xharleyman,
I'm sure it will eventually sell. But I do want to sell to someone who will be happy with it. Merry Christmas to you as well!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts