1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Administrator
29,002 Posts
1st link doesn't work but it looks like the Baggershield. Here's a link to Wingstuff & it's the same ad. I don't know of anyone who has one though.

I would break out some of that communion money, join the VIP membership at Wingstuff & save a good amount on that purchase & get free shipping to boot. Plus the bonus of buying from one of our sponsors. It's all good.

http://wingstuff.com/products/33964...text=gold_wing_gl1500-windshields_accessories

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
My concern(no experience w/this shield at all) would be scratching of the upper portion from moving it up/down???? It is acrylic and therefore would susceptible to being easily scratched.
My preference, although more expensive, would be the F4 polycarbonate vented shield coated w/a scratch resistant material.

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Sorta resembles the Windbender to a degree. I think the air-flow would suffer in comparison...can you say buffet?;) Can't argue with the price though.:cool:

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
I considered this for awhile but I am gonna go with the WindBender.
Larry, I think you're making a good choice. There's 2 dynamics engineered into the WB. Firstly, the HP (high performance) model has a curved lip at the top of the screen that lifts the air over the helmet of the rider. Texas is very buggy this time of year as I never have to clean my face shield from bugs and seldom have to clean the helmet. Therefore no wind buffeting however has good ventilation. I run mine at the lowest setting riding solo. The double windshield allows air to pass between the screens thus reducing back pressure that usually hits the rider at the back of the helmet thus reducing rider fatigue. I love mine and will never go back to any other windshield and my wife concurs with this as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts