Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went for about a 40 mile ride on the 1500 yesterday, after installing new front brakes and bleeding the clutch (again).

I wish I had been able to take a longer ride, what a great bike to ride! I honestly have to say I did something on it I have never done on the 1200. I scraped metal on one curve I've ridden through many times before.

One thing I did find out was that I need to be careful over speed bumps, it doesn't seem to have enough ground clearance.

Now all I need to do is get the cosmetic issues taken care of and she'll be a great machine once again! :)

·
Premium Member
17,046 Posts
You got till August to get err done. The 1500 is a fine machine.

·
Super Moderator
11,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was actually hoping for June! ;)

·
Super Moderator
11,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Smarty pants.

Or maybe the Winthrop meet is off?

·
Super Moderator
15,140 Posts
a 1500 wing has more ground clearance than a 1200 wing to unless your tires or suspension is set very low you shouldn't be scraping anything unless you have floor boards

·
Super Moderator
11,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The scraping wasn't due to clearance issues, I took the curve at a pretty good clip. ;)

·
Super Moderator
11,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Hwy might not be open with the crazy weather we've been having. There was a good layer of frost here this morning. Leavenworth would work as well, but definitely busier.

·
Administrator
25,936 Posts
You're lucky Tank. It's blinking ugly up here. Supposed to go down to -11c (15f) tonight, and still snowing. It's all my fault, I took the plow off the RZR last w/e. No riding still in my future:(:(

·
Premium Member
8,357 Posts
Cantankerous One,

Congrats on the 1500; I'm happy for you. I look forward to riding one soon and to working towards a '95-'00 1500 by trading the '85 Aspencade and the '83 GW after riding them this year. Though I am a sucker for classic bikes.

Weather is not fine here, either, Budoka-san. We're expecting some flurries tomorrow, cool temps, and rain. Not complaining, though, we need the moisture more than I need to ride.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts