Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone please advise me on where I can purchase a short centre stand? (Otherwise known as a ride on/off stand) And would you happen to know if they do them for an '82 GL1100 Interstate, despite the lack of a reverse!?

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I can only find them for 1500 & 1800's. :mad:

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
I know they did exist for the early model Wings because I knew lots of guys that had them. Now though they may be considered obsolete due to age of the older bikes. Lots of OEM and accessory issues because of this.

·
Registered
87 Posts
If you can't find one, looking at the part diagram it doesn't look like it would be too difficult to have a welding shop cut a small piece out of each leg of the stand and then weld it back together. This may actually be much cheaper than buying a new stand.

Hoss

·
Registered
23 Posts
If the purpose of the short center stand is to make it easier to put the bike on the center stand then I have a suggestion. I place a small block of 3/4 inch plywood in front of the rear wheel and power the rear wheel up on the block. Reverse the bike upon the block is you wish. The bike will lean over a bit further but still very easy to get off the side stand. With the block under the wheel is it much easier to put the bike on the center stand. I have used this same method on the Goldwing and also the ST1300 but should work for all.

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Had one on an earlier Wing I had, loved it. Wings ought to come with them.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Whoops, I didn't see, well yes I did but it didn't register, that this was a GL 1100. I ain't firin on all 6 cylinders either. :eek:

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
I've been using the method that Oldtoot described for years works really slick, and you still got all the room under the bike for oil changes.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

1 - 10 of 10 Posts