Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some input from the gold wing crowd. My girlfriends been riding with me quite a bit, my FJR is wonderful but I want to step up to the big leagues. I live in an apartment building north of the Bronx, neighborhood is all fine and well just wondering how well the wing can handle the elements. I’ll have it stored for the winter but it would live on the street with a cover. Is this sacrilegious? Do I wait till I’m a home owner to enjoy the wing?
Thanks in advance.
Chris

·
Super Moderator
12,871 Posts
First of all, welcome to the forum.

If you can keep it under a good cover, it should be OK.

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
I agree with Cantankerous, I'd get a full cover and not a half cover if your going to keep it outside. I'd also make sure it an all weather cover. The cover I have for my bike is a Dowco Guardian, I use it when I'm on a multi day ride.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
I ride mine to work, it sets in the parking lot all day.

at home it is basically in a pole barn, room for 8 cars, but open on all four sides

I have a big light colored towel that I have stitched velcro to two locations that matches two spots on the top of the dash, have a couple of small clamps that hold it to the handle bars after it has been draped over them, it creates a shaded but breathable area for all the electronics

some plastics will degrade faster out like that, but not any worse than inside a closed up car.

I can't get them to build me a personal covered garage at work, darn the luck

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Welcome from the northern tier of PA. A full cover should work well until you can put it in storage for the winter. Enjoy the forum and ride safe.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Another vote for the Dowco Guardian cover. I had just bought a 1980 GL 1100 after my divorce from my first wife that decided, along with her Grand mother that us 'old married guys' with children did not ride motorcycles or snowmobiles. I bought one of those covers and it was on the bike when we had a late season sleet storm. When I got home after the storm there was roughly 10 to 12 inches of ice crusted tree twigs all around the bike and not a mark on it under the cover!!! Now I have a big carport and storage shed along with a Guardian cover for a really bad day!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts