Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I am new to the group. Hope the holidays treated everyone very well. It has been very cold around these parts so I haven't been riding.

I do have an issue with my 03 Goldwing. The suspension light kept saying system error and it was blinking. Following all the steps in the Clymer manual I found a bad leveling switch on the shock pump that is not servicable(switch was broken). The repair is to replace the shock assembly. Well that is a $500.00 dollar proposition. Wing stuff has a
Traxxion Dynamics GL1800 Rear Shock Absorber for $465.00 that comes as a complete assembly.

Has anyone used this brand assembly? are there any othe suggestions? This shock system seems to be intricate, I was wondering if it is worth changing the assembly of just riding as is?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
There are many rear shocks for sale on e-bay, also check trike manufacturers, the usually have a bunch of them along with rear wheels and saddlebags. The Traxxion Dynamics is suppose to be one of the best around, there is also progressive and Race Teck that are not as expensive.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Joe

Thanks Joe I didn't think of that. I wonder if it would hurt the bike not to repair the shock. It appears to be riding ok?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts