Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this forum so I hope I am posting this question in the correct place. We are thinking of an extended tour in Europe (3 months) and would like to do it on our own bike. Does anyone have any experience with shipping a bike from North America to Europe?

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Can't help you with the shipping, but I can welcome you to the forum. Glad you found us. Where is home for you?? Hope you get to take your Wing on vacation. If you do, ride safe over there and post some pics of your trip..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome. I live in Nanaimo on Vancouver Island. We thought about renting a bike over there but it's not the same as riding your own bike.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. I live in Nanaimo on Vancouver Island. We thought about renting a bike over there but it's not the same as riding your own bike.
Your right.. Always more fun and safer with your own bike. I guess the determining factor will be the $$$ of shipping versus renting. Hope it works out.. If you can, let us know the cost of shipping in case others are considering the same thing. Ride safe...

·
Registered
793 Posts
I read an article in Wing World some time back where a couple had shipped a Goldwing over the pond, needless to say if I remember correctly they had hit a deer early in thier trip cutting it short. They had to drain all the fluids from the bike and tie it down in a crate. Can't remember if it went by air or sea nor who supplied the shipping container. Seemed like a whole lot of work although touring Europe on my Wing would be a trip of a lifetime.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi btwhiteh,
I live in Denmark, and I have checked out the price of getting a bike shipped here from the States, and was given a quote of $800 one way. I would reccomend hiring a bike over here as you can get a good deal for less than the price of sending yours here and back. I relise its nicer on your own bike but its a lot of expense.
If you should decide to visit Denmark we will make you welcome if you contact me. Tel: +45 23454786. Good luck, Mick.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi btwhiteh,
I live in Denmark, and I have checked out the price of getting a bike shipped here from the States, and was given a quote of $800 one way. I would reccomend hiring a bike over here as you can get a good deal for less than the price of sending yours here and back. I relise its nicer on your own bike but its a lot of expense.
If you should decide to visit Denmark we will make you welcome if you contact me. Tel: +45 23454786. Good luck, Mick.
That's very nice of you mickwray, the same holds true in NE PA for you, Just drop me a line...
[email protected]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Biking in Europe

Hi btwhiteh,
Hi Mick

Thanks for the info. Although we haven't totally given up on using our own bike, costs may force us to go the hiring route. Do you happen to know of any companies we could contact regarding hiring a bike? Also we are thinking of camping and are looking for leads on companies that hire or sell motorcylce camping trailers. Cheers
Brad

·
Registered
219 Posts
Welcome btwhiteh and mickwray hope you enjoy this forum.

If you should decide to visit Denmark we will make you welcome if you contact me. Tel: +45 23454786. Good luck, Mick
Hey lets make this an international contact centre thread. The same goes to you Mickwray and anyone else considering coming on down to the land of OZ just send an e-mail to me at [email protected] or call 61-0404088855 . Mi casa e tu casa.

Thanks for the info. Although we haven't totally given up on using our own bike, costs may force us to go the hiring route. Do you happen to know of any companies we could contact regarding hiring a bike? Also we are thinking of camping and are looking for leads on companies that hire or sell motorcylce camping trailers. Cheers
Brad
Mickwray this has been my wish for years and i'm not that far away from being able to do it. I would also be interested in some contacts that offer hiring of goldwings around europe.

OK we now have Europe , USA,and Oz covered.
Do we have other destinations with contacts :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Mick

Brad
Hi Brad,
I will get you some information and contacts regarding bike rental and camping trailers if you can give me an idea where you might be thinking of starting out in Europe. I would imagine you were thinking of flying in to England ?. If so remember they ride on the other side of the road to the rest of Europe and you.
Mick.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts