Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Actually, everything I have read says the exact opposite -- avoid them like the plague. Go figure. That said, I have NO direct experience with the product, nor will I ever. You get what you pay for, and I have no intention in trusting my life to cheap tires.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I won a free set for my 2012 on a poker run. The front tire followed every crack and groove in the road, very touchy steering. The rear broke loose any time I went over tar strips pulling out on damp roads. The rubber seemed to be very hard, maybe that is what caused the problems. Although they did seem to wear good, I replaced them after about 4 months. Could not relax while riding thinking about it.

·
Registered
2003 Goldwing in Red (the fastest color)
1,736 Posts
Had them on numerous bikes front and rear have received great wear from everyone, expect about 12 to 15 from fronf, 10 from rear.

·
Super Moderator
15,370 Posts
i've never used Shinko's on my wing but i did run an 011 verge and 009 raven on the Mighty ST 1300. to break them in i did a total 200 nice and easy miles then finished up with a hard 180 mile ride, they stuck very well after that but tires on the Mighty ST 1300 only seem to last around 10,000 miles

·
Registered
47 Posts
Does anybody have experience with the shinko 890 tires
Currently running Shinko Journeys front and rear. Now at just over 6K miles and looking like they will go another 4K or more. Honestly, I don't see any difference between rhe Shinkos and the Bridgesrones i've used in thr past. I'll probly replace them with another set.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Currently running Shinko Journeys front and rear. Now at just over 6K miles and looking like they will go another 4K or more. Honestly, I don't see any difference between rhe Shinkos and the Bridgesrones i've used in thr past. I'll probly replace them with another set.
What is the load rating on these? Def a better alternative to dark siding IMO.

·
Registered
2006 GL1800
10 Posts
I hear people run the Shinko tire down butt they are all people who have not used them. I talked with a motorcycle tire dealer who only deals in tires and his reply to me was"everyone I've put on the customers loved them" and he was not wrong.
I installed them last year December in Arizona and run then this summer in Alberta, Canada and they wear great don't follow cracks or slides around on the road. Yes they are less money but they are no different in my experience than the Dunlop I took off.

·
Registered
2018 Goldwing Tour DCT
2 Posts
Never, never, never again, I did save money on the Shinko tires compared to the Dunlops, but the minimal saving is not worth my life, had a rear blowout going 65 mph on a two lane road and my instant thought was " this is where my life is gonna end", I did get the bike under control and all was good except for the fact that i was stranded on the side of the road with a shredded rear tire. Moral of the story is: "is your life worth a few extra bucks savings on tires".

·
Registered
2006 GL1800
10 Posts
Never, never, never again, I did save money on the Shinko tires compared to the Dunlops, but the minimal saving is not worth my life, had a rear blowout going 65 mph on a two lane road and my instant thought was " this is where my life is gonna end", I did get the bike under control and all was good except for the fact that i was stranded on the side of the road with a shredded rear tire. Moral of the story is: "is your life worth a few extra bucks savings on tires".
Tire pressure is everything and I had the rear tire blow on the Dunlop which is why I went to Shinko. Just sayin.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts