Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the new Shinko 230's mounted up and road tested. Oil change 15-40 Rotella, Final drive change to 90 weight gear oil my outboard gets, smeared a little high temp lithium gear grease on the pinion before adding the gear oil.

Wow went from driving like a truck to a sports bike. No joke. Buzzed around town 40-50 for a while to wear the tits and shine a little. Then hit the mall parking lot for some slow tight figure 8's......couldn't stop :yes: Like riding a 500 Then .........
up on the freeway @ 80 mph ....very little tire noise....steering effortless.. changing lanes and intentionally staying on the strips and the reflectors.....no bouncing .Then down hwy 17 to Lake Wales and the dreaded hwy 60 with the asphalt repaving at all the RR crossings......smooth as could be ....no tracking no sudden jerks from the front or rear end. You will not believe the smooth, quite sure footing of these tires......NO BS no white knuckles going in tight turns at 1st 15 then 20- 30 mph over the curve signs. not to many twisties here so ya got to make the best of the few a round.

1987 GL1200 Aspencade
Shinko front 130/90-16 F230 67V
Shinko Rear 150/90-15 R230 80V
Arimid belts not steel

Will be making a short 400 mile round trip to Stuart when the weather clears up then before end of Sept packing on the camping gear- shorty fishing rod and going up to SC to see grand daughter.

Should be a good road test.......
Carl

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,160 Posts
its hard to compare the old tires to the new tires. 10,000 miles ago the old tires probally gave you the same impression

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not first ride around the block

:rolleyes: not quite my first buzz around the block:D Bet you think ford is better than chevy too :eek:

·
Super Moderator
15,160 Posts
:rolleyes: not quite my first buzz around the block:D Bet you think ford is better than chevy too :eek:
my reason for likeing ford has nothing to do with which is better or the fact that i work for ford

·
Premium Member
5,228 Posts
I agree Doc, new brooms always sweep clean.!!

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
The only true test between tires is having two or more sets (one of each) to compare side by side on the same day, same conditions/temperature etc. That's how the road testers do it. Most of us don't have the techs to aid in the swsitchovers to do that kind of comparison.

·
Super Moderator
15,160 Posts
most of the guys I hear of running shinko's say that the tires don't last long

carlw was wiped out by a shinko

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.