Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 1500 shifts fine at low speed not under a lot stress but under hard acceleration it kinda grinds--what is the problem--i am using honda syn oil

·
Registered
331 Posts
Either you're not pulling your clutch in fully, or the clutch needs adjusting. I'm guessing that you have developed a habit of shifting before you fully disengage the clutch. Remember, the Wing is not a race bike. If you are trying to shift in fast acceleration, it is probably a timing issue between your foot and your hand.

·
Super Moderator
7,673 Posts
I have a 1993 GL1500A, I run regular Honda GN4.
When was the last time you changed the 'Hydraulic Fluid' in the clutch? If it's murky time to change.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Either you're not pulling your clutch in fully, or the clutch needs adjusting. I'm guessing that you have developed a habit of shifting before you fully disengage the clutch. Remember, the Wing is not a race bike. If you are trying to shift in fast acceleration, it is probably a timing issue between your foot and your hand.
could be the problem i will adjust the clutch and shift a little slower not a co-ordinated as i once was(lol)

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Wings are a bit notorious for being clunky shifters. It takes time and real good technique to be able to shift them in spirited riding to do it smoothly, but it can be learned.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts