Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty stoked, just ordered my GL1500 shifter pivot from Cyclemax. The shifting is starting to get a little clunky and everything I've read says it should fix it.

My question; the installation video is pretty straight forward, doesn't look like a big deal to install. I'm doing a new oil seal at the same time. Is there anything I need to look out for? Or, are there easier ways to get that old oil seal out?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm pretty stoked, just ordered my GL1500 shifter pivot from Cyclemax. The shifting is starting to get a little clunky and everything I've read says it should fix it.

My question; the installation video is pretty straight forward, doesn't look like a big deal to install. I'm doing a new oil seal at the same time. Is there anything I need to look out for? Or, are there easier ways to get that old oil seal out?

Thanks in advance.
No, it's straight forward. Putting new seal in and cutting the hole in the lower shield for clearance is about the worst of it. I installed on about 3 months ago. About a week ago I installed timing belts and water pump. Presently installing brakes all around and a rear tire.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
27,580 Posts
As pointed out, they are both fairly easy tasks. Nothing crazy.

I have the pivot on as well and it works well. Also folks have said and I just did it as well, that running synthetic oil helps with the clunky shifting. It does, I run Mobil 1 Motorcycle Oil.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I don’t know if anyone else removed the old seal using a drywall screw but I did. Just be careful not to get the screw into the side. I carefully ran the screw in and the seal came right out. Also, I took the motor mount bolt out and slightly pryed the engine with a crow bar to get the inner shaft out. You may find that you will have enough clearance without doing that, I did not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts