Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings! I am a recent member to your forums and am really enjoying the site!! I just purchased a Black 2010 Goldwing about a week ago from Cycle World in Cherry Hill NJ. I came from the "Dark Side" having owned Harley Dyna Wide Glides and Road King Classics. My first observation with my wing is that the bike handles like a Porsche and rides like a Cadilac. My best friend has owned Goldwings for years and finally convinced me....Thank you Elton!!...I am a tall guy 6' with long legs and size 10 shoes. With the Harleys I routinely wore Red Wing boots...I am having alittle trouble acclimating to the positioning of the rear brake pedal and shift lever with the wing based on my body positioning. With the Harleys I had a more forward 45 degree after market "EZ" rear brake lever installed which was compatible with my size. The shift lever was factory positioned farther forward as well which was a natural fit for me. Does there exist after market options for these items or am I being too critical and just need to adjust?? Any suggestions??? Again its a pleasure being here and thanx for the help!!! Dr Bob

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
Hey Doc you're just finding that the Wing is different. A friend of mine is 6'4" & he describes it like sitting in a chair. You probably need to get yourself some accessories to stretch out like highway pegs (lots of different styles). I wear Tourmaster SC riding boots & I think that helps me quite a bit. When I 1st bought my Wing I used to ride with my Redwings as well & was not as comfortable. Just one ole fossil's opinion.

·
Administrator
26,182 Posts
Agree with what Fossil says, but there is more foot room on the RK especially, and the dyna is more of a 'standard' bike (had one of each of them). Yes you need a set of highway pegs, and there are a couple of heel/toe shifter options out there; I have a Kuryakin that works real well for me, but I have a size 11 boot and if yours is bigger, that may change things.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Dark Side = car tire opn the rear

1 - 5 of 5 Posts