Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched unsuccessfully to find previos posts. I know at one time I saw a thread or 2 that explained the fix but now I can't seem to find it. I have a 2010 model and when I set the cruise speed there is a couple of second delay before it activates. So it goes like this... Set speed - delay - decelerate - activation - accelerate up to set speed. the total delay in my case is 2 or 3 seconds. I know I can hold the throttle in place until it catches but I want to perform the adjustment so that this lag or delayed effect is non existant. Can someone please point me in the right direction or provide the 'fix'?

Thanks

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Yes there was a thread about this, and like you I can't remember how long ago or where it was located. I'll see f I can locate it and in the meantime maybe our Kawi riding guru can remember the procedure and bail us out. Calling Joe!

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep... that's it. Thanks Budoka

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok got this done this afternoon. It was about 5.5 turns out of adjustment. I did do the adjustment at first by warming up the engine then turning the adjuster until the RPMs increased then backed off just a bit. I decided to go a step further and take it out for a spin to see how good (or not) I was at this method. When I got up to speed and set the cruise control, I got a little jerk and it accelerated. Well I continued to play with the adjustment while riding until it just became "seamless". Now it works as it is supposed to. Thanks Budoka.....

·
Super Moderator
28,448 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts