Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found out that MBL Inovations is going to remake their set back bars for a limited time, pre ordering is going on now. 2" narrower and 2 1/2 " back, all cables and covers will fit. I am ordering mine tomorrow. :D

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
narrowing the bars would loose leverage for some people

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have a set on my 1500 and love them.For me low speed cornering is somehow easier,and i no longer get that little pain between the shoulder blades on longer rides.So,you are saying they are going to cease production of them?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they are going to make 100 sets only prepaided to handle some of the costs.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a set on my 1500 and love them.For me low speed cornering is somehow easier,and i no longer get that little pain between the shoulder blades on longer rides.So,you are saying they are going to cease production of them?
did your covers fit very well after the exchange? The company told me there would be no difference for the covers or cables.

·
Super Moderator
28,455 Posts
Linden, How much did they quote you?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bill, I think it was around 189 plus shipping, but if you prepay, 169 and free shipping. Linden:D

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I talked with the owner of MBL today and ordered my handlebars. If anyone has questions regarding the setback handlebars please email:MBL Innovations [[email protected]] Nice folks. Linden

·
Registered
266 Posts
I got mine almost a year ago thru Wingstuff,at the time they had a special on,$149+shipping. You will need a couple of tie wraps,as the bend over cable keepers on the right side are omitted,no biggie.Also,had to get out the Dremel and oblong the holes in the bar cover keepers so they would align with the weld nuts and stay flat when tightened down. I consider this a minor irritation,because once the job was done,and all adjusted to my liking,i will never go back to the stock bars.Anyone out there that has been considering these,but have been holding off,go for it,you won't regret it. I was a litle worried at first myself of a possible leverage problem.I don't have one at all.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got mine almost a year ago thru Wingstuff,at the time they had a special on,$149+shipping. You will need a couple of tie wraps,as the bend over cable keepers on the right side are omitted,no biggie.Also,had to get out the Dremel and oblong the holes in the bar cover keepers so they would align with the weld nuts and stay flat when tightened down. I consider this a minor irritation,because once the job was done,and all adjusted to my liking,i will never go back to the stock bars.Anyone out there that has been considering these,but have been holding off,go for it,you won't regret it. I was a litle worried at first myself of a possible leverage problem.I don't have one at all.
I am having a honda dealer install them for me, I figured that $85 wasn't too bad. I asked the owner of mbl if every thing fit and his anwser was yes. No cable or electric wire mods were needed. Hmm?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Like i said,what i experienced was no big deal.The weld nut positioning on the set i got may not be the norm,maybe just my Irish Luck. The tie wraps on the cables on the right side just made it easier to get the covers back on,as the bendable cable stays that are on the stock bars are not on the MBL's. If you aren't the mechanical type,$85 sounds ok,esp.from a dealer. You will need to be there though as he finishes up,so he can lock them down in the position that you want. Hope you enjoy them as much as i have.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Like i said,what i experienced was no big deal.The weld nut positioning on the set i got may not be the norm,maybe just my Irish Luck. The tie wraps on the cables on the right side just made it easier to get the covers back on,as the bendable cable stays that are on the stock bars are not on the MBL's. If you aren't the mechanical type,$85 sounds ok,esp.from a dealer. You will need to be there though as he finishes up,so he can lock them down in the position that you want. Hope you enjoy them as much as i have.
Hopefully other people will put their orders in so I can get mine.:p

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I talked with the owner of MBL today and ordered my handlebars. If anyone has questions regarding the setback handlebars please email:MBL Innovations [[email protected]] Nice folks. Linden
I can't believe no one needs to set back there 1500 handlebars. They (MBL) said they had 50 inquiries and only 4 preorders, so they are not going to manufacture them for now. They are however sending me their own set. I will let you know how I like them. :D

·
Super Moderator
28,455 Posts
They are however sending me their own set. I will let you know how I like them.
It's good that you got your set anyway Linden. Yes keep us apprised of the new addition. When I see you in June/July I may ask to sit on your bike to get a feel. I've never had an issue with mine so I have nothing to go by & didn't think I needed to spend anymore money. Spent enough already getting ready for this trip.

By the way "You've Got Mail".

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know what you mean my friend. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts