Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I have searched the forum for some info but may be under a different name, was wondering if you could steer me in the direction of a good service/parts manual for 2009 GL1800 luxury model? DVD or manual set.
If i could go through wingstuff that would be prefered but any info would be appreciated, thks

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
powersports illustrated for dvds.

I found my service manual on ebay-well worth the money for both.

Might also google 'gl1800 service manual' to get other ideas.

·
Super Moderator
7,670 Posts
Honda Factory GL1800 Service Manual and Maintenance DVD's.
Either on line from the forum sponsor Wing Stuff or your local Honda dealer

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hey Paul.
Merry Christmass and a happy new year to you and your mates, I see on the telly that the floods have been very bad for you guys up north, hope you didn't get any, but i feel sorry for those that lost everything.

I bought the ultimate service manual from wingstuff check it out here
http://wingstuff.com/pgroup_detail/324_Service_Manuals/3626_2001_2010_Factory_Honda_GL1800_Service_Manuals/?goto=/pgroup_list/gl1800/324_goldwing_Service_Manuals/des/

It has everything you could possibly want . The honda dealer tried to sell it to me for $500.00, i said it would let him know, that was 6 months ago. Wingstuff wants about $75.00. What a rip they have going on down here Huh:mad:

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
There are a few out there, but from what I've read the best is the Honda manual. Others are not as complete or leave parts/steps out. Go with the one that is sure to cover everything...

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Got mine from Wingstuff,,,,,,,,,,well woth the money........

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Jeebes Paul, for $500 I could get you the manual and you could meet me in LAX and do the transfer!:D Seriously that's just sick. Retail on my manual was $110 Cdn. You are getting the shaft big time by someone (I'm not blaming the dealer but the parent company). Good thing the price of bikes isn't higher by the same factor; bad enough what you had to pay already. PM coming at you, correction, e-mail

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Paul.
Merry Christmass and a happy new year to you and your mates, I see on the telly that the floods have been very bad for you guys up north, hope you didn't get any, but i feel sorry for those that lost everything.

I bought the ultimate service manual from wingstuff check it out here
http://wingstuff.com/pgroup_detail/324_Service_Manuals/3626_2001_2010_Factory_Honda_GL1800_Service_Manuals/?goto=/pgroup_list/gl1800/324_goldwing_Service_Manuals/des/

It has everything you could possibly want . The honda dealer tried to sell it to me for $500.00, i said it would let him know, that was 6 months ago. Wingstuff wants about $75.00. What a rip they have going on down here Huh:mad:
Right back at you! most water damage several hundred Ks south of us we had some roads closed for a day or so but that's it up here! thanks for the info mate!

Budoka - your right about making trip to LAX!! lol

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All 1800's are Luxury models. The difference is in the color of the dress.
Might be confusion in the wording! we have two types of 2009 here in Aus:

1. Standard model - ABS, heated seat & grips, CD stacker
2. Luxury model - as above plus airbag & GPS

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have viewed a PDF version of 2009 which is very good! just one Q though! Is there a PDF version of the airbag model? as the one i got shows the bike with the audio buttons above the fuel filler

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Might be confusion in the wording! we have two types of 2009 here in Aus:

1. Standard model - ABS, heated seat & grips, CD stacker
2. Luxury model - as above plus airbag & GPS
OH! That's interesting. We have all or nothing with two gradations in between. Your options look like all or a little more all, but no nothing.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I think the Au version is closer to ours. We get everything minus the airbag, or the whole enchalada. As to the manuals, even the Clymer is better than not having one at all (although the real McCoy is the bees knees). I can pick pages off the online version on my desktop and e-mail them out to anyone in a bind if needs be. Just send me a PM and I'll get you what you need (Cdn version only though) asap. Obviously I can't send you a whole manual, but I can help with a few pages to get you through what you're doing at the time.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just picked up the service manual off eBay for $89 with free shipping. Brand new, shrink wrapped from Everett Power Sports.

EDIT: Didn't realize you had the Luxury model.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts