Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy, All!!!
picked up my '05 ABS yesterday. Holy cow!! the ole boy who owned it put some serious money into it with after market parts and accessories.
Lookin for a service manual that can be down loaded.
Thank y'all so much

·
Super Moderator
7,611 Posts
I've not seen any downloadable versions but I have seen the CD version that Wingstuff offers. Good thing about that is you can print the pages you need and if they get soiled you can throw them away.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
I down loaded the service Manuel for my 1500 onto a memory stick and I keep it in the trunk, since we carry the laptop with us we always have the Manuel just in case of problems.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Clymer - Honda 1800

Hey Twitch - You should keep an eye on Amazon or ebay for a Clymer maintenance manual on your 1800. In my opinion these books are the preferred source of service and repair information for most owners/enthusiasts. Over the years, I have bought a Clymer manual for each one of my Goldwings because they explain everything from a relatively minor tune-up to a major tear down in layman’s terms. What I like best is that they have lots of photos and cover the steps needed to troubleshoot all kinds of electrical problems. The mechanical, electrical and logic circuits on how the reverse system works is especially nice to know. Using my Clymer manual on the SE 1500 helped to chase down an intermittent connection issue on a friend's bike that had plagued him for almost a year. Each time he took it in to the dealer he was told that they could not duplicate the problem for some reason.

Here is a current link to ebay for a new/unused Clymer 2001 - 2010 1800 manual with a buy it now price of $35.42 including shipping. At one time the Clymer manuals were almost $100.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Clymer-...174?pt=US_Nonfiction_Book&hash=item5894aff396

Good Luck, Michael :)

·
Premium Member
24,123 Posts
Hey Twitch - You should keep an eye on Amazon or ebay for a Clymer maintenance manual on your 1800. In my opinion these books are the preferred source of service and repair information for most owners/enthusiasts. Over the years, I have bought a Clymer manual for each one of my Goldwings because they explain everything from a relatively minor tune-up to a major tear down in layman’s terms. What I like best is that they have lots of photos and cover the steps needed to troubleshoot all kinds of electrical problems. The mechanical, electrical and logic circuits on how the reverse system works is especially nice to know. Using my Clymer manual on the SE 1500 helped to chase down an intermittent connection issue on a friend's bikes that had plagued him for almost a year. Each time he took it in to the dealer he was told that they could not duplicate the problem for some reason.

Here is a current link to ebay for a new/unused Clymer 2001 - 2010 1800 manual with a buy it now price of $35.42 including shipping. At one time the Clymer manuals were almost $100.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Clymer-...174?pt=US_Nonfiction_Book&hash=item5894aff396

Good Luck, Michael :)
I have the official 450lb, 4,952 page, Honda Manual & ETM. I think I paid about $75 from WingStuff. It is not a layman's book. To me, it's more like a Training manual that a student would use in a Motorcycle Shop Repair Course under the leadership of a trained instructor.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Yup (yeah I know I'm not Chopin), crazy. Crazy big; crazy heavy; crazy costly; crazy detailed; but crazy informative.:3dcool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.