Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been circling around other forums I thought someone may be interested. heres link:http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253076

this is all we need to get started IM IN!
I say we do it. Here is the date June 18-20.Here are the contact personal for Chillhowee Park maby all we need is to make some contacts and Create a new name Like "The Great Smoky Mountain Hoot"! and get this thing started.
Contact Info:

Administrative Office
3301 Magnolia Avenue
P.O. Box 14182
Knoxville, TN 37914-1182
Telephone: 865-215-1450
Fax: 865-215-1455

Management Staff:

Bob Polk
Director of Public Assembly Facilities
865-215-1454
[email protected]

Rick Evans
General Manager
865-215-1459
[email protected]
Robin Bryant
Operations Manager
865-215-1453
[email protected]
Carolyn Nelson
Administrative Assistant
865-215-1456
[email protected]
Attached Images Hoot_generic_inline.jpg (17.7 KB, 0 views)

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
next summer between having the house rewired and paying uncle sam i won't have the extra funds for an overniter

·
Registered
172 Posts
More and more bike rallies getting axed. Bike Week here in Myrtle Beach was a real Bummer here this year. The mayor of MB made it clear he didn't like Bike week by setting the "Noise ordenance" and citywide Helmet laws. (The only place in SC you have to wear a helmet) and not granting many vendor permits within the City limits. Bike week is a big time of year for all our businesses (including mine) and the downsizing of bike week really put a hurt on our already hurting economy. Bike Week for us is like most places Christmas season.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
A new rallie point

A good rally is wothwhile. Why not pick a place in the middle of the country? I love SE Oklahoma and over into SW Arkansas. It is a wonderful, scenic place. I'm sure you could find a number of small towns willing to have a few thousand happy folks show up and spend 10's of thousands of dollars in a 3 day festival. The Mayor of Murtee Beechee just doesn't get it. In their new quiet business vaccum perhaps he can figure it out. We had a HOG rally here in Tucson for a couple years. It is gone now. Folks around here don't get it either.

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
A good rally is wothwhile. Why not pick a place in the middle of the country? I love SE Oklahoma and over into SW Arkansas. It is a wonderful, scenic place. I'm sure you could find a number of small towns willing to have a few thousand happy folks show up and spend 10's of thousands of dollars in a 3 day festival. The Mayor of Murtee Beechee just doesn't get it. In their new quiet business vaccum perhaps he can figure it out. We had a HOG rally here in Tucson for a couple years. It is gone now. Folks around here don't get it either.
Your neighbor up in Phoenix who runs " Cyclerides.com " made the comment that Murtle Beach will turn into a " Goldwing Rally " with the noise ordnance imposed. Got to love the Harley folks for their exclusive view of life. I was in Phoenix 2 years ago during bike week but the event was so spread out around the city you would never know anything special was going on. I plan my visit around " bike week " now because there is a three day rental minimum. I'll see your lovely state about the 3rd week in March.

·
Registered
172 Posts
The thing about Bike Week here in Myrtle Beach is that while the locals call it "Harley Week" (because Black Bike Week is the week after) so they seperate them is filled with Harleys along with Just about any other kind of motorcycle. There are probably more Metric Cruisers than anything else. While it was once dominated by Harley it's not so much anymore. There are also a ton of GoldWings that show up for Bike week. It's a very mixed and blended group of everything from mopeds to Mega dollar bikes. The big complaint from some of the locals was these bike weeks are up and running 24/7 for over 2 solid weeks (for both bike weeks). Some of the local residents(about 50 people) who can actually afford to own property within the actual city limits were complaining about the noise. To drive the bikers out our mayor implamented a City wide helmet law and a noise enforcement. Those of us who are licenced to do business and own businesses in Myrtle Beach but live outside the city limits had no say in the matter. It hurt us so bad in 2009 that about 40% of the business's that did business on the Blvd had to close up. We have so many motels and resturaunts to close down it's just sad. Most of these business made over 25% of their annual income in those two weeks. I doubt it will become a "GoldWing" Rally because the city has put such a difficult hold on permits for Vendors within the city limits. Most Vendors in 2009 were outside the city limits in North Myrtle Beach (Differant City altogether) and the City of Surfside Beach (The South end city from Myrtle). Myrtle Beach officials don't like any kind of motorcycles

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hold bike week in north myrtle beach and have all the bikes facing north right at the boarder and tell them the bikers to rev their engines. the city of royal oak ( near me ) has bike night on wed. night for harleys and thursday night for sportbikes but the bikers are complaing of getting parking tickets those two nights. how do you advertise an event then give parking tickets to those attending. i stopped going

1 - 8 of 8 Posts