Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been designing power boats for a few years.That is where I obtained the knowledge to design fiberglass parts.This bike has 10 individual fiberglass parts.
Started as a 99 SE.I wanted to create a bike that was a little more "in the wind".
I made everything myself including the aluminum parts.
Because it has a lower center of gravity in handles very well.
I have put a glovebox in it like my first wing 1976.
I moved to key switch near the glovebox as it would not fit my design where it normally is.86 wing front fender,Ninja LED Tailight,which is integrated with the 4 bullit lights on the saddlebags.
The seat is a Diamond "Big boy" which I shaved down to my design.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
very nice work and very different mr green

·
Registered
691 Posts
Mr Green, You are apparently a MASTER. What a work of art.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow!

At first I thought 'he turned it into a scooter!', then I saw the front!

<bow>

You are a master! Most excellent conversion!

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Great craftmanship. How does it handle on the open road??

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Two Wheels
I have owned a few fully decked wings and found them to feel a little top heavy when cornering.My bike has a lower center of gravity so it has a very nice feel in the corners.I really like the "in the wind " feel a lot.It just feels more loke a motorcycle should.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Nicely done Mr Green! Sorry I never checked this out earlier. Very unique concept and execution. "Totemo ii desu! Anatawa meijin desu, neh?"
translation: very good, you are a master!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks budoka
It was a lot of work.About 14 months because I had to design and build the molds.I figure the next one should only take me about 2-3 months to build.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I could not agree with you more.I am now doing the research of making a custom wing especially after I saw my first Valkyrie Rune.I really like your bike.I am now just figuring which year and model that I can change without too much problems.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Mr. Greene,
very impressive. I have wondered how / what the molds are made of.
willing to share?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts