Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At Wing Ding there was some discussion by the Honda Company people that Honda was very serious about a Sem-Auto Transmission with Paddle Shifters, ala Spyder, They are presently testing and hope to have for the 2015 model.
They also considering their own trikes for the same model year. They see the market growing and see HD has gone this route.
Has anyone else heard anything about this.
Hope these guys not passing some bad info.

·
Super Moderator
7,606 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised at what is going on with R&D at the Honda headquarters in Japan.

·
Super Moderator
9,994 Posts
I can't believe they have not already done this for the Gold Wing. With all it's power a CVT type transmission would be great.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Yamaha has the auto trans on their sport touring bike already. I like having a clutch and to be able to shift when I want to.

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
if honda puts a semi-auto trans on a wing it will not be a cvt but a dual clutch like on the vfr 1200

·
Registered
674 Posts
if honda puts a semi-auto trans on a wing it will not be a cvt but a dual clutch like on the vfr 1200
I will look into it but what do you mean by dual clutch?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yamaha has the auto trans on their sport touring bike already. I like having a clutch and to be able to shift when I want to.
Yes....and no. Yamaha quit selling the FJR1300AE (paddle shifter) in the U.S. market after 2009 because it didn't sell although those who have it speak very highly of it. They still build and sell them in Europe though.

I agree that Honda would probably use the DCT (dual clutch) tranny that they already have on one of the sportbikes (VFR1200F). Works well from what I hear.

On one hand I can see Honda getting into the trike market. OTOH, we will have to see if Honda is really interested in putting money into the Goldwing line. My own guess is that there is a 50/50 chance Honda will drop the Goldwing entirely. Do they really sell enough units to justify expensive development and overhaul?

Ken

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.