Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent money for a seat for 1996 Aspencade on March 9th.
I have never received the seat and today is May 9th, and I cannot get a response from seller.
I have asked on here as well as sending email to him.
Any ideas on how to handle this?
Thanks
Jack

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
If you sent a personal check and he doesn't live close enough to you to go there than you don't have a lot of choices. You might try and see if someone from this board lives in that area and maybe go see him for you and see what they can do. It's been two months so you probably are the victim of a scam and you should post his name on this forum so others won't get taken by the same guy. It a sorry individual that pulls stuff like that on someone. I have bought and sold many items over the internet with no problems but stuff like this happens every day. As a matter of fact I sent the item to the buyer before I get their check. I guess I'm lucky because I have not been taken so far. You could file a claim in small claims court but I think you have to do it in the town he lives in.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I sent money for a seat for 1996 Aspencade on March 9th.
I have never received the seat and today is May 9th, and I cannot get a response from seller.
I have asked on here as well as sending email to him.
Any ideas on how to handle this?
Thanks
Jack
Hi jackt, sorry to hear about your problem. The first question is, how did you pay? If you paid by paypal or credit card you can get a charge back by filing a complaint to either source. If you paid by postal money order you can go to them for a possible resolution. Payment by any other means and your s.o.l.
Sorry it had to happen, but there are AH's everywhere.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Hobbitt1800, if it was a private party he probably didn't use a credit card, but if he did use Pay Pal then he does have an option there.
Also I never buy anything from someone with only 1 or 2 or very few post count.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Is this the seller ? : Default gl1500 seat
stock..no rips,black 125.00 plus actual shipping cost....got a road sofa coming...no fading either,regularly wiped with honda polish
Last edited by wingwierdo : 02-19-2010 at 11:10 AM.

·
Registered
87 Posts
One thing is to name names. 2 months with no product and no contact is indefensible. If you sent a check or money order, you have a real name and address besides their screen name. If it were me, I'd be posting all info I had so at the very least, someone else didn't get taken.

As others have said, the actions available to you have a lot to do with the type of payment you made.

Hoss

·
Registered
263 Posts
Did you try contacting the police department in the seller's area? I would if I knew where he was from. If not, contact your local police for advise on how to proceed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is this the seller ? : Default gl1500 seat
stock..no rips,black 125.00 plus actual shipping cost....got a road sofa coming...no fading either,regularly wiped with honda polish
Last edited by wingwierdo : 02-19-2010 at 11:10 AM.
Yes it is.

I just want the seat or the money!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yes it is.

I just want the seat or the money!
That's good to know as he has, or has had, several items for sale. Did you mail a check or money order to a physical address? If so, have you tried to Google the information to see if it shows up and if there is a phone number associated?

Hoss

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
Looks like he's been selling a number of items on the forum. Is a member since July 09. Last Activity: 04-07-2010 06:24 AM Has anyone else delt with this guy? If you did and you got your merchandise you should post and let Jackt know if you have any information on this guy. Hope this gets resolved in a good way, but statistically it doesn't sound like it will. Good luck and keep us posted.

As a side note, we should all be careful when doing transactions online. Joe-in-calf is right, there are a lot of goods folks like him out there to deal with, but I'm always leary of guys with only a few posts that want to come on the board and sell stuff. Be careful out there.... and ride safe..

·
Super Moderator
28,453 Posts
I've been reading this thread but not posting. Truly is a shame. This says a lot of the world today in general however if you guys remember that person was trying to start trouble when he 1st posted as well. Truly fits his name. Anyway the only thing left to say is "caveat emptor". Hope this works out in the end.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
when you get this resolved let me know and i'll get him removed from the forum. sorry you had to go through this. call your bank if you sent a check

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would always use POSTAL money orders when you have any doubts, its a FEDERAL crime to commit mail fraud, I have mentioned it when using them. It won't stop them all, but might make them hesitate. Mike

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
He has never responded emails or called phone, I dont know if right number.
So I gave up, never do that again.

thsnkd

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
I remember your episode like it was yesterday. I posted it on another forum and given the info that the " seller " gave, some member even came up with an address and a Google map location.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Sounds like a version of some swine based commestible that starts with 's'. Sorry you had a bad experience jacket, but he can still get caught, we just have to be cagey and see if we can find the rascal.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
This really pisses me off!! I hope you get you money back some how! I purchased a PASSENGER backrest from someone here who assured me it would fit my interstate and when i got it it was not even close to the right size and it was recovered with cheap vinyl! No recourse!

·
Super Moderator
7,671 Posts
Sometimes we all need to be careful where we buy stuff from. Unless we know the person well or they are a member of an organization you belong to, be cautious. A friend of mine purchased an alternator for his 1500 off 'Craigslist' they sellers said it was new and that he never used it had it as a back up since he heard 1500's had failures. Well one day his alternator went south and he went for his spare, which turned out to be junk too. $150.00 gone. He took both of them to the shop and had them rebuilt. Be careful there's crooks out there.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts