Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My elite II is about done. I was able to get the last Michelin Pilot GT front tire that I could find left in the U.S. last spring. I have zero luck in finding a rear one. Figures, seems like a great tire and like everything else on the planet that's any good, we can't get it. I am reading that the elite 3 is NOISY! I read that the Metzs come apart!. I read that the Avons are great to junk. So. What do we old 1500 scooter drivers do for a safe,, well made tire? Anyone have a couple of the Michelins extra that you would part with?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info and reply. I have read quite a few reviews that the e3 is noisy so I am certainly not wanting that. I do realize that it's subjective. One likes buick, the next hates em. It goes for everything. I would assume good and bad about all tires. Would like to find a Michelin gt for the back. I read that Michelin won't import them anymore but still make the tire overseas. Sigh.

·
Super Moderator
11,882 Posts
The E3s do howl in the corners, but not so much as to ruin the ride. Given a choice, I would probably go back to them again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 1991 gl1500 & I'm running a run flat ct which I really like.
Got about 12000 on it, might go 20000 before changing.

·
Super Moderator
15,217 Posts
The E3s do howl in the corners, but not so much as to ruin the ride. Given a choice, I would probably go back to them again.
i did go back to them, e3's that is. i replaced the worn out e3's with a new set

·
Banned
3,186 Posts
If you want to save some money

and improve the performance of your motorcycle..... run the car tire in my signature. I have 17,000 miles on it and have another 15,000 to go before it needs replacement. $87 shipped to my door.

·
Administrator
26,225 Posts
There's no correct answer to this question, just as there is no correct oil. It's all preference and with tires, sometimes happenstance plays a big part. You buy a brand new 180/60r16 brand x for your Sukawda and pick up a nail that fell out of the job tuck in front of you and then the tire is done already. Or you're the unlucky one that gets a new doughnut and that run of them goes out of round in 3000 miles. I've got a brand new D250 and rim in the wings (no pun intended) and putting a 'stone on the front but it's choice AND availability for me, plus the dollars I didn't spend as well. Oh, and I realize the O/P was talking about a 1500 not an 1800, but it's all relative really. We all have our favorites and our most disliked.

·
Premium Member
17,134 Posts
I have been running E-3 since they came out on my 93, with . On a couple cross country
trips I found it's as much the road surface as the tire that make the noise. The last couple set I had right at 19,000 miles on them when I changed them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts