Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 06 GW Trike and I want to install a security alarm. I have one on my other Wing from Directed Electronics but it is a little to complicated. Anyone have any suggestions with an alarm that has proven functionality??

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just bought a 06 GW Trike and I want to install a security alarm. I have one on my other Wing from Directed Electronics but it is a little to complicated. Anyone have any suggestions with an alarm that has proven functionality??
Howdy;
I don't have any personal experience with this one yet, but after doing a BUNCH of research, I have picked the Scorpio sri600 for myself, it has all the features I like, and they have been in business since 1989 so that says something. Let us know what you get and how you like it! Hope this helps.
Hobbit1800
Jerry

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I just looked at the Gorilla model 7007 but am not sure yet. It is a cheap one at $100 but all I want it to do is go off if someone tries to move it. Need to do more research

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just looked at the Gorilla model 7007 but am not sure yet. It is a cheap one at $100 but all I want it to do is go off if someone tries to move it. Need to do more research
The Gorilla model is not designed for trikes. It has a mercury switch the activates when the bike is raised from the lean position. It also has a vibration/shock sensor, but I feel this is not the alarm that you will like with your specific application. Great budget alarm for a standard bike though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alarm

I sure appreciate the feedback. Lots of points to seek answers to so I guess I beeter seek out a shop with some mechanical knowledge of the different models:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts