Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I have been lurking around this site since I bought my 2002 GL1800 several weeks ago. I have a 2001 BMW R1200C but my wife told me last summer (after completing a 2000 mile 7 State tour) that she wasn't going to ride THAT bike on another long trip with me. So, we bought the Wing for her comfort. The last Honda that I owned was a 1964 CL77 305 Scambler. When I traded that on a new BSA in 1966, I said that I would never own another Honda. Oh well, one should never say never.:)

At any rate, I'm glad to have found this site. I have a bunch of questions about adding "stuff" to this machine and I would imagine that folks here will be able to get me pointed in the right direction.

BTW I live in south central Pennsylvania.

Safe riding.

Intruder

·
Premium Member
23,766 Posts
Intruder: Hello from Northern Virginia. Out of all the guys here you are my closest neighbor. Your just a Gettysburg ride away . Almost neighbors. You have a couple of good seasoned riders in PA and I'm sure they will chime in. I'm new to a Wing in November so I'm worthless for giving information at this point, but without us the " seasoned " would have no students. " fossil92 " is a name that comes to mind. " Fossil " could refer to fossil fuel or just a old fossil.

·
Super Moderator
28,433 Posts
You have a couple of good seasoned riders in PA and I'm sure they will chime in.
Intruder, I guess that's Lee's way of saying We're Old. I'm one of your fellow Keystoners & Two Wheel Wing is sure to chime in as well. I will tell you that your wife is going to be in love & not just with you. Mine falls asleep sometimes she's that comfortable.
Anyway I bought a 95 1500 4 years ago & have added many things since than so ask away. So far the only item I added that I have found not to be as useful as I thought they would be is Transformer floorboards for her. They have a secondary piece that flips up to create a Highway peg style but when she tried to use them it put her legs at an angle that created a cramp. I left them on anyway because they look good & they have a nice base for her feet. So again Welcome to the site from Schuylkill County a short jaunt up 81 & home of Yeungling.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Welcome to the forum Intruder, congrats on your Wing, you and the Mrs. will both love it!

·
Super Moderator
9,844 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new (to you) Wing. You (and the wife) are really going to enjoy traveling now. Like Fossil, I'm from the Keystone state too. Enjoy buying the "farkles" for the Wing. Ride safe and enjoy. Maybe we will meet somewhere on the Pa highways..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone, I feel welcome already.

I feel as if I can fit right in. Last summer I attended a MSF "Mature" Rider's Course. In my commment sheet, I mentioned how polite they were not to call it the "Old Geezer" Course. I understand they are in process of changing the name.

I am going to try and find the appropriate threads to ask question about:
1. CB/intercomm radios
2. Passenger Armrests
3 Heated Passenger Seat an Back rests

Thanks again.

Bill

·
Premium Member
23,766 Posts
Intruder: Just post your new questions under any " New thread " button you can find. The hard working Admins will keep it catagorized for us. Just get it up so others can respond.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts