Honda Goldwing Forum banner

41 - 60 of 200 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,460 Posts
Look forward to reading about your trip. It'll be a great ride.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Yo, Larry....Just to keep you kinda posted on the wonderful weather I thought you might like to know its 44 degrees, with a north wind of 15 mph and fog and drizzle on this Sunday (4 Dec) morning. Lovely weather..........for ducks. Come on down. :eek:

·
Banned
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited)
Yo, Larry....Just to keep you kinda posted on the wonderful weather I thought you might like to know its 44 degrees, with a north wind of 15 mph and fog and drizzle on this Sunday (4 Dec) morning. Lovely weather..........for ducks. Come on down. :eek:
It will be in the 50's and sunny for the ride down. Looks nice for a week on the coast. Leaving on tuesday.

DreamWeaver, will be as close at Belton, TX.... I am over nighting in Belton. Not sure the exact time to be there. An old (aren't they all) college hometown buddy lives there.

Will update as it gets closer.

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
It will be in the 50's and sunny for the ride down. Looks nice for a week on the coast. Leaving on tuesday.

DreamWeaver, will be as close at Belton, TX.... I am over nighting in Belton. Not sure the exact time to be there. An old (aren't they all) college hometown buddy lives there.

Will update as it gets closer.

I've noticed how old my college buddies are looking these days. Not sure what happened to 'em.

Snow on the ground a bit west of here in Decatur, TX, Larry, but hopefully things will be clear and pleasant by the time you reach this neck of the woods.

·
Banned
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
No.

It is the Wing warming up for my ride to Salem Oregon. Today, is the first leg of my journey..... 240 miles to meet up with Steve.

Everything is ready on the bike.

We will trailer our bikes from Salem, Oregon to Redding, CA., then ride to Bakersfield and then cross the mountains there and onto Kingman Arizona, then down to Phoenix.

The weather looks good and we could have rode that leg of the trip but that mountain range from Roseburg to Redding is terrible when the snow flies and we just don't know what it will be like on the return trip. We don't want to be sitting in Redding CA for Christmas waiting for the snow to stop so we can go home. The four wheel drive truck will pull that trailer home just fine. Once I get back to Salem, the worst it could be is some rain mixed with snow for that same 240 miles.

It has been cold and windy in Texas. A friend in Phoenix emailed me and said it was in the 40's there yesterday.

I will update with the Spot Tracker information from Steve's place tonight.

·
Premium Member
23,760 Posts
No.

It is the Wing warming up for my ride to Salem Oregon. Today, is the first leg of my journey..... 240 miles to meet up with Steve.

Everything is ready on the bike.

We will trailer our bikes from Salem, Oregon to Redding, CA., then ride to Bakersfield and then cross the mountains there and onto Kingman Arizona, then down to Phoenix.

The weather looks good and we could have rode that leg of the trip but that mountain range from Roseburg to Redding is terrible when the snow flies and we just don't know what it will be like on the return trip. We don't want to be sitting in Redding CA for Christmas waiting for the snow to stop so we can go home. The four wheel drive truck will pull that trailer home just fine. Once I get back to Salem, the worst it could be is some rain mixed with snow for that same 240 miles.

It has been cold and windy in Texas. A friend in Phoenix emailed me and said it was in the 40's there yesterday.

I will update with the Spot Tracker information from Steve's place tonight.
My sister just returned from two week in Phoenix. In my selfish envy I told her two weeks ago that the weather will suck ( relatively speaking )out there for her stay . I'm still ROTFLMAO.

·
Banned
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Well for the trip, I am bringing my electric gear, frog toggs and a full body condom.

Electric Chaps! I borrowed that idea from the Harley guys. Even my boot inserts have some power assisted heating.

I hope I don't end up glowing in the dark.

All funny things aside, it is an absolute pain in the ass to plug all of that in.... get the settings right and actually get the bike started and going down the road. The gloves are like the old idiot mittens.

It would help like hell if I could see my waist line to button up this stuff! I am gonna have to start pushing myself away from the table a little sooner.

·
Super Moderator
14,460 Posts
Larry,
Fort Davis is a cool little town. Great roads around the area also. I hope to bring a group there next spring.

Watch the weather, you can sneak in behind a front and put that heated gear to good use. It'll be cold but dry.

·
Premium Member
7,191 Posts
I am off to see the Southwest: Here is my route.
All you guys who can still operate.... keep the girls happy until I return.
This ride should be awesome. Post plenty of Pics

·
Registered
741 Posts
Have an epic trip Larry.

·
Premium Member
11,019 Posts
Looking forward to your reports and photos. Ride safe and enjoy it Larry. Eric

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Ride safe! I know Bill W. as well. 37 years next month.

·
Administrator
26,226 Posts
Bon Voyage Larry! Em, we see where you're going and how, what about the way back?

41 - 60 of 200 Posts