Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone just retired January 1st. 65 years young, been riding since I was 10 years old ( Honda trail 90 ) you can imagine I’ve owned many many bikes currently own 09 Kawasaki ZX14, yamaha FJR, and just sold my 2011 Aprilia RSV4. Love sport bikes recently sold couple Ducati’s after crashing one of my 07 S4RS monsters, broke 4 ribs punchered my lung ended up in hospital for 4 days wife threw a fit.
anyway now looking for my first goldwing maybe 02 - 08

·
Super Moderator
9,850 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from the Keystone state. Good luck on your search for the perfect Wing. Lots of them out there so find one that "sings" to you. Ride safe and enjoy the forum.

Reactions: 823Jim and Luv2fish

·
Premium Member
5,399 Posts
Congrats on your retirement , and welcome to the forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
14,559 Posts
Welcome to you from Mississippi. Good luck on your search. I can recommend a 2010, 156,000 miles on mine.
2020 07 26 Blue Front Cafe 01 (2).jpg

·
Super Moderator
28,504 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF and best of luck on your quest for a new ride. Be sure to listen closely when looking at them because the one for you is going to be singing that Ride Me song.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your retirement. Good luck on your Wing hunt.

Reactions: 823Jim

·
Super Moderator
11,944 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. May I recommend looking for something 2006 or newer, there were updates done on them.

·
Registered
689 Posts
As Bill stated above when you find the one you will know!!!! Doesn't matter the year if the bike picks you it won't matter.😁

Reactions: 823Jim

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tanks for the welcome guys, looks like it is going to stop raining here for a day so maybe tomorrow I can go look at a couple bikes one is a 2003 with only 15kmiles but it silver, doesnt really do much for me other than low miles and good price other is black with 53k like the color but I’d love a yellow one.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
you can look up the goldwing history... and see what colors were available in what years
some, like mine, was only available one year, or just a few particular years.
Black seems to be the only color that has been available every year

I found both of my wings on cycle trader

Reactions: JKWinger and NREMTP

·
Premium Member
1,564 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from Michigan. I have an '03 with 126k on it and still running great. Although "06 and newer have larger radiators for better cooling, mine has had no major heating problems but temps do climb some at low speed in heavy traffic and long steep grades in mountains at lower speeds (Mnt. Washington etc.). Good luck on your search and ride safe.

Bad Lands, SD.JPG

Reactions: Cantankerous

·
Registered
82 GL1100 Wineberry Red Std w/ Full Vetter Gear
46 Posts
Only 15k?!!

Last spring I stumbled over a 1982 1100 with only 29k on it. Standard model with full Vetter furnishing, too.
I am humbled. At 60 I wasn't sure if I would ever own again, and my wing is certainly a treat, best ever, bar none.
So is the gang here. All the knowledge and experience you could ever want it's right here at your fingertips, just ask.
Buy the way, Welcome! Congratulations on safety reaching your retirement as well! If you find yourself near the North Star State next spring, just holler.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you want a yellow one there is one on Facebook Marketplace but its in Corvalis OR 2001 Honda Goldwing
I live in Bothell, I bought a nice 08 From Moon Motorcycles in North Bend, he has a nice F6B Now but no trunk
Scott Moon seems like a good honest dealer

Here is another one on Facebook Marketplace that is down in Eugene OR 2008 Honda Goldwing 1800 But really low miles! I the 08 that I just bought from Moon last October was this exact model HPN and color but 27,000 miles for $9,700 and no trunk rack and My cruse control light is stuck on (its a pretty common problem) pretty irritating! I would be calling on this one if I didn't already have one! AND I LOVE IT! My First Honda MuchLess Goldwing!

·
Super Moderator
11,944 Posts
Wow, an 1800 for $3,000? Seems to good to be true.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Welcome from the northern tier of PA. Enjoy the forum and ride safe.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I bought this bike in Oregon 08 with 11,000 I drove 528 miles to pick it up but it was worth the 1,000 miles and all day trip. : ) Bike is in perfect condition. price was a bit high at $11,000 but I got exactly what I was looking for. 08 with comfort package.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Pretty nice Rudy. Kind of a Burgandy or Wineberry. Looks great.
If you are looking for someone to ride with, there are lots of us here in the Seattle area.

Reactions: NREMTP

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought this bike in Oregon 08 with 11,000 I drove 528 miles to pick it up but it was worth the 1,000 miles and all day trip. : ) Bike is in perfect condition. price was a bit high at $11,000 but I got exactly what I was looking for. 08 with comfort package. View attachment 274738 View attachment 274739
Nice Job! Glad to see you got it! Now if you want to go for some rides this summer check out this link and hope to meet you at some of the destinations!!!! PNW Grand Tour

1 - 20 of 30 Posts