Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Goldwing and I have 132 thousand miles and I have a stock seat I was just wondering what would be a good seat replacement

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I use an Air Hawk seat pad that has totally worked for me. The trick is to put very little air in it.

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
I have a 2008 Goldwing and I have 132 thousand miles and I have a stock seat I was just wondering what would be a good seat replacement
Welcome from Oregon. I too have a 2008 and I also use an Air Hawk air pad with just a little air in it. I have 51K miles. I also have a back rest and highway pegs. I have some back shoulder problems due to a car accident.

I would not be able to ride more than 1/2 hour before I had to go home. Now 200 miles between gas refilling stops. $116.00 for the Air Hawk is better for my wallet than a set replacement. The pad also cools your butt so you don't squiggle around (at least it works for me) and it takes pressure off of your tail bone.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Ditto on the Airhawk. I'd love to buy a new seat, but can't justify spending 20% of the value of my '06 on a seat. Sometimes I swich between the Airhawk and beads, depending on conditions, but generally I have the Airhawk on my seat the bulk of the time on trips

Reactions: NREMTP

·
Registered
16 Posts
The online reviews on AirHawk said the straps for the goldwing were not good. Is this accurate? How do you attach the cushion?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
There are two straps that go under the seat and clip to the other side. It is simple and effective.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
In the 6 or 7 (or 8?) years I've had mine, I've never fastened it down. Not even sure where the straps are now.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I only use the rear strap with my air hawk but I don't go under the seat. This is how I do it.

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
I use the rear strap that goes under the seat this way I can move the Air Hawk front and back, front for less support and back for full support.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I recommend Diamond Customs in FL.....if ya got the cash.
every seat is made to order based on weight height and inseam, and wow, its a big seat !!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
My interest is piqued from this series of posts. So, I looked at the AirHawk web-site. I see there are two versions for the GL1800 (the AIRHAWK Cruiser R Large and the AIRHAWK Cruiser Medium). From the description I see only two obvious differences: one is 1/2" wider and has a red-stripe. There must be more. What am I missing?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts