Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1990 goldwing se and am looking to upgrade the seat. i want more comfort but mostly want to lower the rider by 3"- 4" ( shes 5'1 and can sits so high now she can see completely over my head )and lower myself by 1" - 2". cost isnt so much an issue as lowering the riders. also dont want to end up with the wrong seat.

·
Super Moderator
28,437 Posts
Well here's a start for you. Lots of Seat manufactures out there. Corbin, Hartco, Saddleman, Russel, Mustang, etc etc. There are also the ones out there that modify the existing.

http://www.bikesolutionsllc.com/

This is the one I opted for when choosing for me. It's a Hartco- Don't leave home without it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
I too am looking for a little lower seat for my 93SE. I saw somewhere, and can't find it again, that the later model stock 1500 seats were a lower profile seat by a couple of inches. Also thinking about the Saddlemen. lowrider seat. suggestions?

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Before you spend the money on a new seat, you may want to consider the services of Rick Butler in Wylie, TX. He lowered the seat on my wife's Burgman & did a great job. He charges $40.00 & you just mail him the seat. His e-mail is [email protected].

·
Super Moderator
28,437 Posts
I was hoping you would chime in wllmax. I remembered that you posted that guy before but couldn't find it. Good Job.

·
Super Moderator
9,845 Posts
I too am looking for a little lower seat for my 93SE. I saw somewhere, and can't find it again, that the later model stock 1500 seats were a lower profile seat by a couple of inches. Also thinking about the Saddlemen. lowrider seat. suggestions?
On the 98 and up GL1500's the seat narrower and lowered and gave you about 1 inch drop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts