Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have owned old hondas and new hondas. And every one of them have had the same problem. I love the bikes, but this particular problem is something that makes riding a very uncomfortable experience - And other manufacturers don't do it. On every Honda I have owned the stock seat has slanted forward, causing your hind end to drag forward - Thus you get pulled toward the tank and your pants move up and crush your privates and your butt skin pulls up to make your butt ache in a very short period of time. If you deer hunt from a tree stand you have experienced this if you set up your stand angling down away from the tree. On my VTX I had to buy a new seat. On my 77 Wing I tore it open and moved stuff around. On my current wing (1984) I have raised the front of the seat almost an inch - It is better, but still very uncomfortable. Have any of you got a fix for this? Or is an aftermarket seat the only way to be able to ride more than 50 miles without a butt ache? Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
you know i had never thought about that until today when i went on a 134 mile ride on the 1200 wing ( bad front wheel bearings on the 1500 ). i think i am going to have the seat restuffed with denser foam and have it made so the seat is level

1 - 3 of 3 Posts