Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ridden approx 3000 miles on my 2008 wing I bought this spring. I'm 5'6" with a 29" inseam. For what ever reason I can only ride about 45 minutes before I have the need to move my legs constantly, or even get off the bike for a few minutes. There seems to be a lot of pressure on the nerves of my inner thighs. My Tour Deluxe didn't seem to be as wide at the nose of the seat and I could ride quite a while before monkey butt set in. If others have had this issue with the Gold wing seat and found a way to solve it I would appreciate any advice. I think my wife is more comfortable then me, which would be a first.

· Premium Member
11,429 Posts
I know this is not going to help. But you could join my CAT club [Candy Assed Tours]. LOL. I have found that the Air Hawk is great but that will take you an extra half an inch off the ground. It works best when it is almost flat. Eric

· Premium Member
23,977 Posts
Quite a few of the members here use the Wally World gel pad. Cheap ($20) and widely available.

· Registered
1,094 Posts
Quite a few of the members here use the Wally World gel pad. Cheap ($20) and widely available.
While true(I use one) because of the OP's complaint about his inner thighs and his given inseam length, I believe he needs the seat narrowed.
The WM cushion hangs over the edge some making the seat seem even wider.

· Registered
109 Posts
I have the same issues, I only make it about 70 miles before I am squirming. I bought the WM gel pad but that hasnt helped. I have seen some riderss with two gel pads, has anyone had luck with that??
I am 5'9'', 30" inseam.

My shadow had the same problem untill I bought a HARTCO saddle. That saddle is just a little pricey for the wing though.

I'm looking for affordabel answers also if there are any.

· Super Moderator
10,431 Posts
On my 98 GL1500 I installed a Saddleman Road Sofa seat with gel inserts and had many 600+ mile days in the saddle with no problems. I still have the stock seat on my 1800 and so far it's been okay. I have the Kuryakyn Highway pegs which help too. Last year I came home from Bryson City NC (about 625 miles) with no problem. But time will tell. Good luck..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.