Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have ridden approx 3000 miles on my 2008 wing I bought this spring. I'm 5'6" with a 29" inseam. For what ever reason I can only ride about 45 minutes before I have the need to move my legs constantly, or even get off the bike for a few minutes. There seems to be a lot of pressure on the nerves of my inner thighs. My Tour Deluxe didn't seem to be as wide at the nose of the seat and I could ride quite a while before monkey butt set in. If others have had this issue with the Gold wing seat and found a way to solve it I would appreciate any advice. I think my wife is more comfortable then me, which would be a first.

·
Premium Member
11,002 Posts
I know this is not going to help. But you could join my CAT club [Candy Assed Tours]. LOL. I have found that the Air Hawk is great but that will take you an extra half an inch off the ground. It works best when it is almost flat. Eric

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I know this is not going to help. But you could join my CAT club [Candy Assed Tours]. LOL. I have found that the Air Hawk is great but that will take you an extra half an inch off the ground. It works best when it is almost flat. Eric
Now that's funny:D;):)

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Quite a few of the members here use the Wally World gel pad. Cheap ($20) and widely available.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Quite a few of the members here use the Wally World gel pad. Cheap ($20) and widely available.
While true(I use one) because of the OP's complaint about his inner thighs and his given inseam length, I believe he needs the seat narrowed.
The WM cushion hangs over the edge some making the seat seem even wider.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have the same issues, I only make it about 70 miles before I am squirming. I bought the WM gel pad but that hasnt helped. I have seen some riderss with two gel pads, has anyone had luck with that??
I am 5'9'', 30" inseam.

My shadow had the same problem untill I bought a HARTCO saddle. That saddle is just a little pricey for the wing though.

I'm looking for affordabel answers also if there are any.

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
On my 98 GL1500 I installed a Saddleman Road Sofa seat with gel inserts and had many 600+ mile days in the saddle with no problems. I still have the stock seat on my 1800 and so far it's been okay. I have the Kuryakyn Highway pegs which help too. Last year I came home from Bryson City NC (about 625 miles) with no problem. But time will tell. Good luck..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts