1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
thanks for the tip. might give it a try.

·
Premium Member
23,765 Posts
Geeze snuff. The fellow lives just on the other side of town from you. Did you specify how you wanted the seat changed or does he have a stock tried and true formula for the 1800 seat ?

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
my seat is just too low, about an inch too low

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Geeze snuff. The fellow lives just on the other side of town from you. Did you specify how you wanted the seat changed or does he have a stock tried and true formula for the 1800 seat ?
He's about three hours away, through Dallas traffic:eek: He has a pretty standard format that he does but when I mentioned how I slid foward in the seat he said he could take care of that also. Nice guy and a pleasure to deal with.

·
Premium Member
23,765 Posts
I bookmarked his site. How about a picture of your seat to show the contour ? Did you modify her end of the seat ? P.S. He looked to live pretty close on the Yahoo map!

·
Registered
77 Posts
He has a pretty standard format that he does but when I mentioned how I slid foward in the seat he said he could take care of that also. Nice guy and a pleasure to deal with.
I need to do something myself. I'm using the $20 Wal-Mart gel pad currently and it's helping quite a bit but I need a long-term solution.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I bookmarked his site. How about a picture of your seat to show the contour ? Did you modify her end of the seat ? P.S. He looked to live pretty close on the Yahoo map!
As soon as I can I'll take a picture. It probably won't reveal to much. The only noticable difference visualy is the center of the seat is more puffy looking, like it's filled with air but I actually feel like I sink into the seat more than before. You don't notice the sculpting of the seat when looking at it, and that's because of the memory foam that Rick puts on top of his cuts/ reshaping of the seat.
I did not have the passenger seat done because the wife dosen't have any complaints as of yet. I know what you mean about us looking close together on the map. If I travel west or north it takes me a full, long day just to get out of Texas. East or northeast is three to six hours.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Did have that 'tournequet' effect once on my run out to BC, danged uncomfortable, but it was after 8 hours in one stint so I passed it off as fatigue (regardless of where). However Snuff if you think it's a long way to drive to Rick's imagine what my run would be:eek:

·
Registered
40 Posts
http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=3511&title=butt-butler-seat-mod&cat=7
Just had my seat re-worked and the results are fantastic. I no longer slide forward in the seat which resulted in my pants turning into a tourniquet for my privates. Seat is also more cushy now.
I had Rick do the seat on my RSV, it was a good improvement. Now I have the same issue on my 08 Wing as you, it seems as though I'm sliding forward or my pants are sliding backward.
Is yours a heated seat? And I'm curious if Rick will do work on them (heated seats that is).

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes my seat is heated. It's $60 for the heated seat, that was just for the front. I've got around 1000 miles on the seat mod, with some 10 hour days with the usual breaks though out the day and it's been great.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My first post :)
Got my Wing this spring :)
Put three thousand miles on it so far, and was hoping I would adjust to the seat :)
My tenders are sore:(
Would have never thought it would be a problem sheech!!!:mad:

It's an '03

·
Registered
145 Posts
I need to do something myself. I'm using the $20 Wal-Mart gel pad currently and it's helping quite a bit but I need a long-term solution.
I went to a local guy who did custom seats for boats, cars,airplanes and reupolstered and repadded them. I told him exactly what I wanted and he reformed the seat, added some high density memory foam and he reshaped the back seat and back rest for my wife. He did a great job, and it was only around $250.00 to modify it.:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts