Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my new utopia back rest , everything whent well , well my question is when I put the seat back does the heater wire an harness have to go to a certain place or it just sits right there?

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oops forgot the picture , because it didn't happen of there is no proof

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lee I'm saving the arm rest for you buddy

·
Premium Member
6,715 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,120 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice of you to make the old guys feel needed. What is your weekend schedule ? I'm off this Saturday.
I'm going to ocean city tomorrow for 5 days with the family , that's why I wanted the back rest on , so I can relax while I ride down there tomorrow

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Me! Mistaken ! Since when ? No worries. We'll have to take the seat off to install the Rivco armrests. Trust but verify.
Ok but is it safe and won't catch on fire ?, until we verify

·
Premium Member
24,120 Posts
I'm going to ocean city tomorrow for 5 days with the family , that's why I wanted the back rest on , so I can relax while I ride down there tomorrow
Sweet! You're riding the bike with the car and family in tow. Regarding the heater plug, the actual " connection " that you unplugged and plugged back in just sits loose under the seat wherever she lays. Can't recall a time I had the seat positioned, plugged in the connector, and then fumbled around under there to position the wires before I lined up the seat bolt holes.

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sweet! You're riding the bike with the car and family in tow. Regarding the heater plug, the actual " connection " that you unplugged and plugged back in just sits loose under the seat wherever she lays. Can't recall a time I had the seat positioned, plugged in the connector, and then fumbled around under there to position the wires before I lined up the seat bolt holes.
No the family is going down in the am , I'll be leaving by 3 pm

·
Premium Member
24,120 Posts
No the family is going down in the am , I'll be leaving by 3 pm
Well that just changed my weekend riding plans. I'll placate myself this Saturday with an oil change and replacing the front fender. After that I might ride to 7-Eleven for a Slurpee. Still shopping for your rear tire here without going on-line. Local Goodyear Dealer could not find a winter version of the Michelin ; I didn't ask yet about the summer version. You just go on and have a good time and don't give us left behind a second thought.

·
Super Moderator
9,997 Posts
Great job GG. Looks nice.

·
Administrator
29,004 Posts
Very nice install Gordo. As long as the wire is in a place that it's not getting pinched off you will be fine.

Have a nice ride.

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Very nice install Gordo. As long as the wire is in a place that it's not getting pinched off you will be fine.

Have a nice ride.
Thanks Bill , I was so nervous cutting into my seat , sweeting bullets

·
Registered
9,540 Posts
Well that just changed my weekend riding plans. I'll placate myself this Saturday with an oil change and replacing the front fender. After that I might ride to 7-Eleven for a Slurpee. Still shopping for your rear tire here without going on-line. Local Goodyear Dealer could not find a winter version of the Michelin ; I didn't ask yet about the summer version. You just go on and have a good time and don't give us left behind a second thought.
Tireteam is out of the alpin but check with tirerack, I'll check on the darkside fourm and see if anyone knows. you know what this is going to do to your ride GORDO, :eek:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts