Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 5ft 7" so a little bit of short leg disorder . I would love to lower the suspension or work on a lower seat . Does anyone have any input for either option ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wings tend to have air suspension which does allow some adjustment in height. I have a 2015 AC and a friend of mine who is the same height as you and I was able to lower it enough that he could just about flat foot it. I am on the other hand 5'8" and tend to run it half way up and I am comfortable there. Other options are getting the seat trimmed to remove extra foam and narrow the seat a bit and that does help a lot. You can change out some parts to lower the suspension, but I would not do that, but that is my view,

·
Registered
99 Posts
What year/model do you have? I don't think there's much you can do on a 2018+ to the seat. Lowering links will give you problems. I use boots with a lift in them which helps me tremendously. Plus I slide my butt right up to the tank when I need to stop and get my legs down. I'm only 5-5"

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Wings tend to have air suspension which does allow some adjustment in height. I have a 2015 AC and a friend of mine who is the same height as you and I was able to lower it enough that he could just about flat foot it. I am on the other hand 5'8" and tend to run it half way up and I am comfortable there. Other options are getting the seat trimmed to remove extra foam and narrow the seat a bit and that does help a lot. You can change out some parts to lower the suspension, but I would not do that, but that is my view,
The 2001-2017 do not have air suspension. They have a hydraulic pre-load shock. Doesn't really change the height very much. From 0 to 20 only changes the height about 3/8". 0 is as low as it goes .Seat height is 29" minimum. Will drop some when you sit on it. There use to be kits to lower the bike, but the only ones you can find now are on Ebay.

·
Super Moderator
15,370 Posts
if your wing is old enough to have air suspension running it that low will give you a very bad handling wing and maybe a back ache too. send the seat out and have it re-foamed to fit you, they will use firm enough padding that won't make you feel like you are sitting on the seat pan

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Hasn't been back. Still don't know the year of the bike. If it is a 18+ there are lowering kits available. Max at Traxxion Dynamics has a good video relating to this. I don't always aggregate with some of his opinions, since he makes and sell his own products, but this video makes sense.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Maybe not air, but my 2015 adjust the height quite a bit. I have a friend who is 5'7" and when I lowered the suspension he was able to just about flat foot. that is what the OP was interested in.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I have a 2015 with a Mustang seat. My buddy who is 5ft 6 in can flatfoot mine. With a oem seat on it he can’t.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am 5ft 7" so a little bit of short leg disorder . I would love to lower the suspension or work on a lower seat . Does anyone have any input for either option ?
Being on the shorter side myself, I’ve had to have a custom seat made specifically for my short inseam. “Corbin” does a great job where they actually fit me by making a molded impression while sitting on the bike and then made a formed seat to accommodate my butt and inseam. A little expensive but worth it in the long run and have had it for some 15 + years now and still holding up great.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.