Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
If I'm not mistaken on the 1500 there was a seat height
change about 95 when the seat was lower about an inch. Can't say how it compares to the 1800.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
I THINK the 1800 has a lower seat height. At least it felt lower to me than my 1500's did, The 1800 is 29.1 inches. the 1500 was 31" up to 1995, 29.5" after that

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
I'm short and I can flat foot my 95 1500 with a beaded seat cover on it. Have ridden my friend's 08 1800 and his seat is lower.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! I have a hard time touching on my 1200. Today I went for a ride, and stopped at a Honda dealer. He had a 1800 sitting on the floor, so had to throw a leg over it just to see how it felt. I was surprised tha I could flat foot it.

·
Administrator
29,001 Posts
Big guy you know what happens once you sit on one don't you???:D

Ask Lonewolf.;)

·
Super Moderator
15,160 Posts
Thanks guys! I have a hard time touching on my 1200. Today I went for a ride, and stopped at a Honda dealer. He had a 1800 sitting on the floor, so had to throw a leg over it just to see how it felt. I was surprised tha I could flat foot it.
the 1200 wing is tall but narrow compaired to a 1500 or 1800 wing

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
the 1200 wing is tall but narrow compaired to a 1500 or 1800 wing
When I got my first Wing, an 85 LTD, I felt very uncomfortable with the high seating position. I nearly threw in the towell on this bike and Wings in general because I was uncomfortable holding up the bike when stopped. My friends told me to not give up but learn how to adjust to it. Eventually I learned I could flat foot one foot at a stop by leaning the bike. Then when I got my 1500, it was a match made in heaven as I could easily flat foot both feet.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
So, I'm not the only one that has to tip toe a 1200 at a stop huh! Good to know 'fore it was really shooting my ego LOL

Professor (or short stuff) LOL

·
Registered
296 Posts
When I got my first Wing, an 85 LTD, I felt very uncomfortable with the high seating position. I nearly threw in the towell on this bike and Wings in general because I was uncomfortable holding up the bike when stopped. My friends told me to not give up but learn how to adjust to it. Eventually I learned I could flat foot one foot at a stop by leaning the bike. Then when I got my 1500, it was a match made in heaven as I could easily flat foot both feet.
With my 82 and 84 1200s, I could flat foot both sides and reach all pedals. With my 1500, had to remake the brake pedal as I couldn't get to it. Not sure though if it is height, 6'4 or age. lol

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
As of right now I am practicing the one foot landing. :) It's not al that bad. Heck I have landed a plane on a one good and one broken landing gear support, surely I can rest a motorcycle on one foot. :)

6'4" ??? At 59 years young I guess I will never grow up that much. Pleased with being 5' 6" :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts