Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last few days we discussed various seat cushion options...I purchased an Air Hawk cushion a few days ago and while much, much better than the stock 2 X 4, I found it still not to my liking....Especially when it seemed to really impinge on the "Family Jewels!!" I constantly added air, released air, added, released, added, etc....just could not get totally compfy...I should have listened to the more experienced riders on our forum endorsing the Walmart Gel Seat!! I thought that anything selling for $20 bucks just wasn't worth it.... Too good to be true.....Boy was I wrong!!! INCREDIBLY comfortable....My very good friend who has riden a Wing for years is heading for Walmart tomorrow for 2 purchases after trying mine!!! Sorry I doubted you guys!!!!

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm gellin

Thanks for re-introducing the subject. I might get one to try on my next hour+ trip. And one for the misses too.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Glad it helped, I have 2 of them, the one on the bike is about 2 years old with about 20,000 miles on it, I put the second one on today, it's still new and I can tell the difference, but $20.00 for 20,000 miles is well worth it. Sometimes they are hard to find, so if I find them again I will buy 2 more. There is a guy on E-BAY selling them for $50.00.... OUCH!!!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Don't you just love a bargin. So few things for a Wing cost $20, it's nice to find something that works for so little. Ride safe..

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
I can't find these online or at my local walmart....If anyone can provide a link, that would be super. Thanks:)

·
Registered
84 Posts
I can't find these online or at my local walmart....If anyone can provide a link, that would be super. Thanks:)
I have bought three and the last ones at both stores. Haven't looked if they got more in. As for a link, there isn't one. My wife works for Walmart and it seems it is only a store item.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The last few days we discussed various seat cushion options...I purchased an Air Hawk cushion a few days ago and while much, much better than the stock 2 X 4, I found it still not to my liking....Especially when it seemed to really impinge on the "Family Jewels!!" I constantly added air, released air, added, released, added, etc....just could not get totally compfy...I should have listened to the more experienced riders on our forum endorsing the Walmart Gel Seat!! I thought that anything selling for $20 bucks just wasn't worth it.... Too good to be true.....Boy was I wrong!!! INCREDIBLY comfortable....My very good friend who has riden a Wing for years is heading for Walmart tomorrow for 2 purchases after trying mine!!! Sorry I doubted you guys!!!!
Do you want to off the AirHawk??????

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
what makes the walmart gelpad so comfy is the waffle design of it

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
I've checked every Wally in Alberta that I've been in and never seen one. None of the staff seem to have heard fo it either. Is this just a Wally USA thing maybe? I don't have problems with my bike seat (yet) but for $20 I'd buy one or two just to have around. Sure could have used one for the Beemer numb bummer in Ireland!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've checked every Wally in Alberta that I've been in and never seen one. None of the staff seem to have heard fo it either. Is this just a Wally USA thing maybe? I don't have problems with my bike seat (yet) but for $20 I'd buy one or two just to have around. Sure could have used one for the Beemer numb bummer in Ireland!
Have you tried Wally on line?????

·
Registered
364 Posts
budoka If You cant find them in the auto section next to the steering wheel covers then send me a PM with your address and Ill pick you up one and send it to ya. Hal p.s. Hey vtxcandtred you any where near Jefferson Ohio

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Found mine today at the all-mighty Wal-Mart. A world of difference!!!

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
I don't know for sure, But what I heard was that when you bought your Bra's for your 1800's you should have bought the matching Thong, supposedly that would have solved the problem.
Like I said I don't know for sure, it's just what I heard:rolleyes:

·
Registered
60 Posts
budoka If You cant find them in the auto section next to the steering wheel covers then send me a PM with your address and Ill pick you up one and send it to ya. Hal p.s. Hey vtxcandtred you any where near Jefferson Ohio
Good lord no. I'm on the other side of the state. I live outside Toledo on Lake Erie in a place called Oregon.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you cannot find them anywhere then come to my website at cowhidecovers dot com. They are not $20 as shipping is @ $10 and then I have to pay tax & paypal fees plus I save you a trip to Walmart so I gotta make a little money but, I can get you one generally within 3 days with Priority Mail to anywhere in the USA.

Ron

1 - 15 of 15 Posts