Honda Goldwing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Administrator
26,182 Posts
Ditto on the underwear. We used spandex type stuff under our old nylon lined Goldwing leathers (made for skiing and hiking under the outdoor stuff) and what a difference in hot weather. That in combination with a gel pad and you should be good to go. Anybody seen those Wally pads online at Walmart? Nearest Wally-world to me is a two hour drive, but for $20 I'd give one a go.

·
Premium Member
17,126 Posts
We have used the Walmart pad for a few years. For us I've doubled the pads. Just bought a Air for about $80.00 going to give it a try when we can start riding again. I've had a couple different after market seats on my 1500. One thing I figured out for us anyway, is that no matter what seat or pads I've used, my butt can only take so much and I have to get off.
Sitting on a bike seat is nothing like sitting in the lazy boy. All the upper body weight is concentrated straight down directly on a few inches of butt.
I prefer cloth over leather or Vinyl. They get hot and you start sticking to them.
From the Northwest Corner.
Ron

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
It just occured to me (again) how cruel life can be. After all these years (50+) you'd think we'd get a break. The one place where I need padding I don't have enough so I have to go out and buy a pad to supplement that which I ain't got! Then I see that I have ALL this other padding that I really don't need and I can't get rid of it!! I mean it's everywhere except the one spot where I need it. It's just not right...

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
I mean it's everywhere except the one spot where I need it. It's just not right...
Time, mother nature & the good Lord work in mysterious ways don't they buddy. Just think of it this way you could always have been made a Platypus. Now there is one mixed up creature.

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
I have the same gripe when it come to hair.
I gave up that fight 20 years ago. Just let it go buddy you'll be fine.

·
Super Moderator
9,875 Posts
I bought a $20 gel cushion from Walmart that works really well. Great for long rides.

·
Premium Member
23,749 Posts
I bought a $20 gel cushion from Walmart that works really well. Great for long rides.
TWW. Shame not everyone can find them at " their " local Walmart. I was in Harrisonburg last year and they were not a shelve stocked item. Here they are right in my hometown. I'm going to ship my never tried Walmart seat pad to ray in exchange for his Saddleman cushion this week. I'll get an idea of UPS shipping cost when I do. Maybe our unfortunate brothers who can't find them locally could turn to some of us for availability.

·
Administrator
26,182 Posts
Maestro, I'd say you're a saint, but you already know that (LOL). Is there anything for the pillion or would the same one work there too? My Mrs never complains but if I had one well...

·
Premium Member
23,749 Posts
Maestro, I'd say you're a saint, but you already know that (LOL). Is there anything for the pillion or would the same one work there too? My Mrs never complains but if I had one well...
I never put in on the back seat to see how it fit! I just took it off the front seat today to send to ray. The wife never complaint about the rear seat, or hers, so I wasn't thinking double when I bought it. Funny you should ask now.

·
Administrator
26,182 Posts
Likely just a momoent of protective insanity. Insane for thinking it up, and protective for having may arse covered by saying I was thinking of her.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
LMAO !! Lee one thing that is funny is I have offered to ship to anyone who wants the Wally pad because they are available here but no responses! I also think they could be ordered from Wallworld and shipped to there local store wherever they may be!! Did you ship yet? If not dont bother I am gonna buy one anyway. If you did already cool. Yours will ship tomorrow priority mail.

·
Premium Member
23,749 Posts
LMAO !! Lee one thing that is funny is I have offered to ship to anyone who wants the Wally pad because they are available here but no responses! I also think they could be ordered from Wallworld and shipped to there local store wherever they may be!! Did you ship yet? If not dont bother I am gonna buy one anyway. If you did already cool. Yours will ship tomorrow priority mail.
Didn't ship my ship yet. The deal was you ship your ship to me and I return in kind. I'll hold off until I receive your ship. If I like the ship you sent better than the ship I have we can negotiate a deal. How does that ship sound ?

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Didn't ship my ship yet. The deal was you ship your ship to me and I return in kind. I'll hold off until I receive your ship. If I like the ship you sent better than the ship I have we can negotiate a deal. How does that ship sound ?
Sounds like Captain Queeg :eek:

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
I bought a sheepskin and use it on long rides, it gives a little padding and keeps your butt from sweating ,worth the money.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Keep your ship and I will send my ship and by the way my ship is not for sale ! It is a test ship!!!! If you like it you can go buy your own ship!!! LMAO!!!!!

·
Banned
24 Posts
I have an Airhawk on my GL 1800 and have found it is the most comfortable cushion I have ever used. I've done gels and sheepskins but the Airhawk is the best...PROVIDING you do not over inflate it.

My bike has the stock seat and the addition of the Airhawk really improves ride and comfort.

rickrae

21 - 40 of 45 Posts