Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't really have back pains or problems but now that I have installed my Utopia backrest whatever minor back stress I had a gone gone gone. I have absolutely no back stress after 200 to 300 miles of riding. I just have not gone any further yet.

On the other hand, or maybe 'on the other cheek', now I notice some hot spot(s) or the beginnings of some squirming to adjust my arse on the seat. It's not alot of squirming or adjustment but I can tell that as my mileage and time in the saddle increases I will want a seat cusion. What do you recommend? Anyone use the Airhawk? That's the only name I am familliar with from several years ago. If it's inexpensive and works that's great. If it's a little more money but it's the best well then that's OK too.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
23,760 Posts
Hehehheehehh! The Utopia backrest was just the beginning. Heheheheheeh. Let's move on to seat cushions before we move on to seat options ! This could get expensive.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please.. have mercy on me. Is there some good option for under $100? I have a VTX too that I am trying to set up. :p

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
i use a gelpad on my wings. my gelpad has a cloth cover ( i wouldn't get another cloth cover ) and raises me up about 3/4 an in. the comfort isn't that the gelpad feels good but it raises me enough to get the kink out my legs but it puts the driver backrest lower on my back too

·
Premium Member
23,760 Posts
Please.. have mercy on me. Is there some good option for under $100? I have a VTX too that I am trying to set up. :p
You want cheap ? Walmart Gel- Pad seat cushion for $ 20.00. Add smiles to your smiles. It will smooth out the seat ridges on the Wing and add a buffer zone to the VTX.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I have a Saddleman gel pad bought at the harley shop for about 100 bucks. It helped alot but still have some issues on long rides! I may try the wally world one it looks awesome!

·
Premium Member
23,760 Posts
I have a Saddleman gel pad bought at the harley shop for about 100 bucks. It helped alot but still have some issues on long rides! I may try the wally world one it looks awesome!
Let's trade. I'll pack my ship and ship it to you and you do the same. We can try each others ship out. Worth the postage to me.

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
i still cannot find the walmart gelpad

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
DonaldLL, what about the backrest. I just got a seat that will take the Utopia. Where is the best site to look for one.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I started with a Skwoosh gel pad and wound up with an Airhawk when I had my Corbin seat on the bike. The Airhawk made a world of difference in comfort. I stopped by Walmart and squeezed their "gel" cushion and it's not even close to the Airhawk IMHO. Sure, they're pricey, but you get what you pay for.

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
Donald, going a different direction here. Buy these they will help. I know some of the guys will scoff but 9k+ butt cheeks don't lie. They work great, hand wash at the hotel in the evening, dry by morning ready for another day. Be sure to invest in the helmet liners for you & the Bodyguard as well. Wick away moisture & helps with helmet hair (she'll like that). These products work best in the extreme heat. We rode in 100+ temps for over week & half on our trip. I would also suggest the long sleeve shirts for UV protection although the brand we have are Firstgears.

http://www.ldcomfort.com/

Sorry for getting a little off topic.

As always this is just one Ole Fossil's opinion.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Gold, I bought mine at wingstuff.com their prices seem to be fair and I have never had any problems with their shipping and delivery.

Bill thanks for the suggestion. I can tell you now, if those pants make my butt look like that, Wendy will probably buy them for me!!!

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
Bill thanks for the suggestion. I can tell you now, if those pants make my butt look like that, Wendy will probably buy them for me!!!
Yeah I hear you buddy. I'll have to ask the little lady if they do. I'll report back. HAHA

Seriously though make the investment you won't be sorry. We were thrilled with the helmet liners as I said. Keeps the sweat out of your eyes, helps with helmet hair (Wendy will like that) & no itching. Resonably priced in my mind.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts