Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
29,155 Posts
j_int

I would say that you have experienced something a friend of mine who has an 1800 did. His quote was "I feel like I'm sitting in a kitchen chair, I can't stretch out".

He just recently bought Iso Highway pegs & we just road this weekend about 500 miles & he only "had" to stop once & 200 miles were in rain. I understand about the forward controls thing because I used to ride Vulcan prior to Wing. I don't think your height is an issue I am 5'11" & my friend is 6'4" & his brother is 6'5" & they both have no trouble with them now that they have highway pegs.

As far as the seat goes, The guys with 1800's here say they have no problems. I have a Hartco seat on my 1500 & love it. I find that if I stretch out on H. pegs it does shift my butt in such a way that takes weight off tailbone.

When my wife & I ride by ourselves we stop when we fuel 200-220 miles depending on conditions.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: OkotoksSteve

·
Administrator
29,155 Posts
j_int,

Now your talking, Poncho is right I love my backrest as well. My buddy that was having the issue also has one. Don't give up on the wing. With a little aftermarket goodies you will be stopping only when you need fuel.:D

"Come to the dark side Luke"

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.