Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, Merry Christmas to all. New member here and new goldwing owner too. I started riding when I was 16 and bought my first bike when I was 17, a '68 BSA650 and have had a dozen of so bikes since. Recently bought my wife a convertible which she only drove a half dozen times this year so I told her I was going to sell it if she didn't start driving it more and she said ok much to my surprise. Anyway, ended up trading it for a '84 GL1200 Interstate along with some cash my way. Bike only has 72,300 km on it and is like new. Previous owner had all service records, which included new timing belts last summer. My dad had 3 different goldwings before he past away and I rode them as much or more than he did. Always liked them, very comfortable to ride. Well now I have my own and plan on doing some serious touring as I'm retiring in the spring.

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Welcome sky! I had a '84 Interstate loved all 160k I put on it, great ride.

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
hello skyking, welcome to GWOF. i use to visit sarnia on my trips up to port huron. congrats on the trade for the wing

·
Administrator
29,001 Posts
Greetings to the GWOF from the Keystone State of USA.

·
Super Moderator
9,994 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. I had a friend who raced BSA's back in the 60's and 70's.

·
Super Moderator
7,606 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you.

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
Welcome to GWOF and Merry Christmas from Down Under.

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF, join the :D crowd of Gold Wing owner.
And a Merry Christmas back to you. Hope you enjoy your retirement as much as I have.

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the Wing ownership.

·
Premium Member
6,713 Posts
Welcome & Merry Christmas from the best forum around!

Mark

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Welcome and Merry Christmas from a the Great Dull and Soggy

·
Administrator
15,288 Posts
Welcome from Mississippi. A 1968 BSA Lightning was my first bike in the early 80's. Darn that Lucas Prince of Darkness. It was always something with that bike. Now I ride a Honda or Yamaha and it's a lot easier to just go.

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
I just realized, I'm no longer the furthest north Winger here! I don't know whether to be happier for me or for you!:confused:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Budoka: I think you still have that title. Sarnia is at the southern tip of Lake Huron and no matter where you are in Alberta, you are still farther north than we are.
Ron.

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Nah, just a brainfart on my part, I was reading another post from a new member up in Whitehorse a bit ago and got things muxed ip.:eek: Must have snow on my bwain:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Geography never was a good subject for me. lol Really want this snow to disappear. Yesterday and today, temps reached +9C. Suppposed to be over +10C tomorrow. Is spring just around the corner, NOT. But I can wish can't I?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts