Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looked over at my 2000SE on Sunday and noticed that the rubber step pad was completely loose from the step. Thank goodness I ride with the steps up when riding one-up. Now I know how the pads are mounted to the step and that there is a hole to access the bolt, problem is that the access hole is against the "hinge". Anyone got knowledge on how to get the step off the rest of the assembly?
Ya, I know I need a manual! Any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Joe the diagram was the ticket...pulled the retainer and the pivot pin came right out, all back together now. However, while doing this work, found oil on the underside of the motor/transmission. Found the shifter seal is leaking, had the lowers off to inspect and see what I'm up against, that will be tricky to get replaced, the new seal is already on order. Thanks again.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have a related question, and my owners manual is in the mail. Yes it really is.

My quesiton is how can I lower or raise up the passenger floor boards on my 98 SE ?

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I have a related question, and my owners manual is in the mail. Yes it really is.

My question is how can I lower or raise up the passenger floor boards on my 98 SE ?
Under one of the passenger pockets ( I don't remember which one, I think it is the right one) there is a lever, push down slightly on the floor boards and while pushing the lever and the foot rests will come up.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Thanks Joe the diagram was the ticket...pulled the retainer and the pivot pin came right out, all back together now. However, while doing this work, found oil on the underside of the motor/transmission. Found the shifter seal is leaking, had the lowers off to inspect and see what I'm up against, that will be tricky to get replaced, the new seal is already on order. Thanks again.
That seal in not a big deal to replace, pop it out and push another one in

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
Under one of the passenger pockets ( I don't remember which one, I think it is the right one) there is a lever, push down slightly on the floor boards and while pushing the lever and the foot rests will come up.
right under the passenger volume control knob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts