Honda Goldwing Forum banner
381 - 395 of 395 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well I'm Buzzard here and Buzzard II on other forums. It comes from a long history of hitting very large birds at very high speed on motorcycles. The worst was not a Buzzard but a seagull. I caught it with my left mirror on a K75 RT. I had fementing fish guts stuck in my nose, ears, and helmet. Luckily I had already picked up the Buzzard handle from whacking a Turkey Buzzard on the BRP.

·
Registered
549 Posts
You're lucky, if you hadn't hit that buzzard first, your nickname might have been "dump duck".

·
Registered
160 Posts
I was at dinner with friends from our motorcycle club without my wife. A decision had to be made about departure time of a planned ride the next day. I made the decision of what time to leave without consulting my wife. Some of our friends made a big deal about me not asking my wife what time she wanted to leave. I simply said "I'm the captain on my ship....but I married the admiral in '78". Since that day they call me The Captain, Cap, etc. And yes, we did leave at the time I mentioned to the group.

Capt'n

·
Registered
2008 GL1800 HPNA in Challenger Brown Metallic
38 Posts
Isn't it obvious? :cool:

Literally, I need to ride at least once a month all year long or I go nuts. More often from spring to fall.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Snakebite comes from 1976 when I was shooting a Colt Python in silhouette competition. A friend of mine came by on the firing line and said, "that snake bill bite you." He said, "from this day forward you're handle is Snakebite." I then started using it as my handle in blackpowder shooting competition as well and since some of my riding buddies also shot competition, they started using it. It stuck all these years to the point where some don't use my real name today.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I liked the cinnamon candy, "Fireball", a lot growing up. So I kind of used that as a old CB handle when I was messing around with the CB in my younger life. I had purchased an 2005 GL1800 bike when I retired.. The GL1800 was Black Cherry red which I adored that color (now I have a 2021 but I sure do miss that Black Cherry Red GL1800). At that time, I jumped on some of the forums, (like this), and tried to use just Fireball, but it was already taken. So I just combined the two Fireball and 1800. 🍬🏍 I'm also a little speedy when I ride the GW, so the wife will (often) say ok Fireball (among other expletives) cool it, when I'm going to fast for her. Ride Long and Prosper my friends... FB

·
Registered
1996 Honda GoldWing Interstate, Candy Spectra Red, and of course, with drive shaft.
73 Posts
So in hearing all the reasons why, I’m thinking my choice lacks imagination. But anyway…

I’ve long been a Canadaphile, from way back when I was in high school, and even then I listened to the CBC, the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. When it came time to come up with an email address, I chose, more as a descriptor than a life statement, CBCListener, which I’ve used in many places, as much to let others know they’re dealing with the same person were they to encounter me elsewhere. It’s also aided in ferreting out other Canadians. Although the flag next to one’s screen name here kinda gets to it first.

Reactions: NREMTP
381 - 395 of 395 Posts