Honda Goldwing Forum banner

361 - 380 of 383 Posts

·
Administrator
26,305 Posts
Rush is one of the few Canadian groups that left a mark on R&R music. If you get the chance, watch the movie of their farewell tour. Amazing the following they generated over the years.

·
Super Moderator
28,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #365
And for that, fella you get a ?

Reactions: Luv2fish

·
Super Moderator
14,374 Posts
I just looked through this thread and didn't see that I ever added to it. I'm a wildland firefighter, a crownfire is very difficult to suppress. They tend to roll over everything and go as long as they want or conditions allow.

I came across this group after I bought my Wing in 2009. I do believe I've ridden more miles with a few people on this forum scattered all over the country than anyone else. I'm looking forward to the next meet-n-greet.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Why I use Maui as my login name: Maui has been a family favourite vacation destination for over 40 years. My parents first starting going on their own in the 1970's, then brought me and my brothers along for a few trips in our late teens. I started a collection of "Crazy Shirts" t-shirts that looked like a sports jersey with the name "Maui" across the shoulders. I wore those shirts while at university, my buddies started calling me Maui as a nickname and it stuck! My wife and I had our honeymoon on Maui (39 years ago today!), and we since have taken our children and grandchild to Maui on many occasions to share the joy!

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Why I use Maui as my login name: Maui has been a family favourite vacation destination for over 40 years. My parents first starting going on their own in the 1970's, then brought me and my brothers along for a few trips in our late teens. I started a collection of "Crazy Shirts" t-shirts that looked like a sports jersey with the name "Maui" across the shoulders. I wore those shirts while at university, my buddies started calling me Maui as a nickname and it stuck! My wife and I had our honeymoon on Maui (39 years ago today!), and we since have taken our children and grandchild to Maui on many occasions to share the joy!
Congratulations to you and your Mrs. on your anniversary. Well done.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Happy Anniversary!!

We've been fortunate enough to be over to Maui a handful of times, great place. We were supposed to go again next year, but not likely now... :(

·
Super Moderator
14,374 Posts
Even though I am not officially from Detroit (Motown), I am actually from a suburb 30 miles north, I consider myself a Detroiter when people ask where I am from.
Hence - MotownWing.
I grew up in Detroit; Lasher and 7 Mile behind the Bowlerama. Moved off for college and ended up in Mississippi. I always thought that I would move back, but then I married a Mississippi girl. If I moved back I would miss her.

·
Premium Member
1,490 Posts
My house number is 823, my name is Jim and I live on James St. hence 823Jim

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
I got the handle " arms" from falling out of the back of a p/u 😖on the way back to the bike races🏍 at Mosport park in '76. (yes I had been partaking). I broke both arms. The "rn" was added to make it an acceptable online log in name. Also my initials.
There are some great stories in this post
Enjoy

every day is a good day........some are just gooder than others

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
We had a blue V-Strom, my wife's name is Angela. The last watch my mother gave me before she passed was a Citizen Blue Angel Eco-Drive. So to honor the two most important women in my life we named her Blue Angel.

Our Wing is Black. She didn't like Darth or Vader. Dark is close to Darth and I love my Angela. So Dark Angel is a play on words since being with my baby on our bike is the light of my life.
A Blue Rodeo song

·
Registered
4 Posts
Okay Taco Bender explained how it happened that he got his Screen name.

I was wondering, because mine always crack they never bend.

I saw this done on other sites & posted on a Nighthawk site (so I know where DetDrBuzzard comes from, but I'll let him tell you).

Tell us how you picked your screen name. Even if it is obvious Two Wheel.

I'm Fossil92. Storyline is Sister, Brother-in-law & I started Formula Ford/Continental race team. Team name Fossil my car was #92

Let's hear it boys & girls.
Mine's not that exciting. I've been a Mustang nut (the car) since my first one in 1970. I bought a 1970 Cobrajet many years ago and am fully restoring it. It is a Super Cobra Jet (SCJ). My name is Bob...therefore scjbob.

·
Super Moderator
28,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #378
Is it possible for us to see some photos?......We would be more likely to believe you with photos

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Seriously though I just want to see the CJ

Reactions: Cantankerous

·
Super Moderator
11,749 Posts
Bringing it back to the top for all the new members.

361 - 380 of 383 Posts