Honda Goldwing Forum banner

341 - 360 of 383 Posts

·
Administrator
26,305 Posts
Hey, not intended to make you hurl pal. Being of the generation I am, I have a different slant on certain perspectives.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hey, not intended to make you hurl pal. Being of the generation I am, I have a different slant on certain perspectives.
Don't sell yourself short there Daryl. I am an old geezer meself.

I remember when that song came out. Everyone used to sing it to me...yack!

It was put out by Abba, remember that? Cute chicks! especially the blonde... but that song was just too sweet for me. I guess I must have been in my bitter-hippy-days...ha!ha!

If I got royalties for that song I probably have a better attitude toward it, don't you think?

·
Administrator
26,305 Posts
It was put out by Abba, remember that? Cute chicks! especially the blonde... but that song was just too sweet for me. I guess I must have been in my bitter-hippy-days...ha!ha!
Agneta was a sweetie for sure. But Anni Frid was no mutt either.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I grew up around fun cars and motorcycles. But in my late teens/early 20's the lowrider/minitruck scene really took hold of me. I had an 88 S10 that i had put a lot of time and money into. Freshly painted, I had traveled to show in Live Oak, FL. After a fun and drunken weekend, we're convoying back to I75 on hwy 90 and a 5 gallon paint bucket fell off of a DOT truck in the west bound lane, was hit by the vehicle behind it, and it was flung into the front of my vehicle... The bucket didn't shatter when it fit perfectly into the front of my drivers tire... It actually caused the wheel to lock up, just as I had jerked the wheel right to avoid it. I went down the embankement in a cloud of dust... My friends in front of me couldn't stop, jersey barriers all over. This happened in a small gap of the barriers.

After making sure I was still alive and hadn't defecated in my shorts. I was back on the road to our meeting spot... When I reached the restaurant, my best friend Nathan saw me and yelled BUCKET

The name spread like wildfire and has stuck with me for 10 years. Home, work, family. All call me bucket. I even got a little boy with a bucket on his head tattoo'd on my arm. If you cant escape it, embrace it. I am Bucket.

I started to write a blog site, but I'm just too dang busy to keep up with it. so there's where the dotcom came from.

·
Premium Member
5,349 Posts
I started to write a blog site, but I'm just too dang busy to keep up with it. so there's where the dotcom came from.
I knew of a guy years ago who referred to his little son as "buckethead". People that knew him thought it was rude to call his own son that. I saw a bit of humor in it myself.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The Point Within a Circle is an ancient symbol, I won't go into all those details. To me the point represents me on my Wing, and the circle represents all the places in the world to which I can ride.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Last name Vannucci, most of my friends call me Vannooch. I usually get to know guys off of the forums that I belong to and make it a poit to ride with them when I can. Forum buddies are friends.... yada yada yada... You can pick it up from there.

Sent from my 97 Aspencade

·
Registered
81 Posts
Truckerger, Yep, pretty easy to decipher. 30 years as a trucker and Ger, the first three letters of my name. Started that handle on E-bay 18 years ago and it's been mine on all forums I get involved in.

·
Premium Member
1,874 Posts
my screen name is pretty self explanatory, but back several years, when i was young, my nickname was Mr Wizard. apparently a guy on a show. but i am a bit of a smart a.., and used to share a variety of useless facts, whether you wanted them or not. ;) ( i used to read the world book encyclopedia as a kid, for casual reading)
later, my grandfather has a CB in his car as he was the office manager of a trucking company. i used it as my CB handle when we would let me talk. i continued this handle later, when i got my own CB radio.

not sure why i didn't use that name here. is it possible to change my screen name to "MrWizard", without losing anything?

~Travis

·
Registered
8 Posts
A combination of sorts, between cycling, mountain biking, racing triathlons and motorcycles I came up with icycle2much

I guess I have an addiction to 2 wheeled fun

·
Registered
248 Posts
The Point Within a Circle is an ancient symbol, I won't go into all those details. To me the point represents me on my Wing, and the circle represents all the places in the world to which I can ride.
I bet it also refers to the circle if Brothers you find wherever you go, too. ;)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hmm... did I never explain Dwarven1 in this thread?

Well... I'm short, stocky, bearded and work in metal (I was a machinist, and I also used to make armor in the SCA - mail and plate both), and my workshop was underground.

And one time when I got really frustrated at something, I threw the drilling hammer in my hands at a nearby tree... and it hit striking face straight on.

So my nickname has been Dwarf for nearly 40 years now. And my best friend, when calling me up, would sometimes get a bit silly and say "Greetings, O Dwarven one!"

So when I needed a new email address, I picked out Dwarven1... and kept it. And use it for forums. AFAIK, I'm the only Dwarven1 out there...

And the 1 isn't silent.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi,

My screen name is Scooter Trash. Scooter because I like most anything of two wheels and my first bike was really small. Trash because.... well if you knew me you'd understand....lol

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Mine is pretty easy VI is for Vancouver Island and Blackfish is an orca whale which there are resident pods around the the island and happen to be my favorite. It is also my geocaching handle.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Sure, why not. Born and raised in Washington near the Cascades, and now live in Idaho between the Rockies, the Sawtelle's, and the Teton's. I've always loved the mountains, and around the Northwest, the rides produced by them are second to none. Lolo Pass, Teton Pass, Beartooth Pass, and White and Chinook Passes in Washington just to name a few. Hence, Mountain Rider and my signature, "Ride'n the Rockies".

·
Registered
89 Posts
:grin2: You know the saying, "If you can see the mountain, it's going to rain. If you can't see the mountain, it's raining". I was born and raised over around Yakima. On a clear day we could see Rainier, Adams, and until it blew its top, St Helens.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My name's Bill, used to repair computers for a living (about 40 years ago). When I left for a service call I could hear "Willy, fix it ! ?" as I left the room.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Big Rush fan (and drummer) here as well.

Reactions: Luv2fish
341 - 360 of 383 Posts