Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a low speed accident recently. The only damage to bike was some scratches on the left saddle door, radiator vent and lower cowl around the fog light. I may get chrome to fix the cowl and vent, but not sure that is the best approach.Some scratches are fairly light, but some are fairly deep. Any suggestions short of an entire paint job to fix this? The saddle bag has the lightest scratches. I had thought of painting the parts, but not sure I am up to it. Can you remove just the radiator vent by itself? Thanks for your suggestions.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
For light scuffs and minor scratches that don't go through the colour base I use a product called Quixx. Two part rubbing and wet sand product that works very well. It there are gouges or deep sctratches full blown repair and paint is the only real way and then you are relying on the talentof th epainter to match the original colour. Your local Honda dealer should have touch-up sticks/pens available too. I have one for min eif I can ever remember where I put it...:LaughHard:

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
I have some minor knicks on my cowl from kicked up pebbles. I like your idea bud...not misplacinng the pens but having them...lol My new fairing also has a ding in it from debri.. But I bought the bike with the intent to ride the snot out of it....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.