Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have any experience installing a 629 Elite Series Helmet Headset on a Scorpion 900 modular helmet, I would love to hear about how you did it, and what you might do differently if you had to do it again. Thanks.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I did the headset installation and made a how-to video

I ended up installing the Elite 629 headset in my Scorpion EXO 900 helmet. It took me all day, but it was an interesting challenge. I made a YouTube video about how I did it if anyone wants to take on the project in the future:

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
I ordered an EXO 900 From JM. Should have it Friday. JM is installing the 629 for me. From the looks of the video...Glad i did. I aint got the skills you have. Let me know what you think of the helmet itself....

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Buy the way...thanks for doing the video. I got to the insides of the same helmet I'm getting.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ordered an EXO 900 From JM. Should have it Friday. JM is installing the 629 for me. From the looks of the video...Glad i did. I aint got the skills you have. Let me know what you think of the helmet itself....
I like the helmet so far. The "pump" in the back of the helmet never worked on mine, but I didn't see any big before/after difference when I tried out the pump at a local helmet dealer, so no big deal on that. I very much like the "lift up" front face. It is a quick way to "come up for air" on a hot day when you are either stopped or going slow, and it is nice to be able to easily put on my glasses before closing the front face, and it is nice to be able to quickly get the front face out of the way for a quick gas stop or a toll booth. When I was first learning to handle my new-to-me bike in July, it was nice to be able to turn the helmet into a 3/4 helmet for slow speed practice in the parking lot during that hot Virginia weather. Of course, the hands-down best-ever reason to buy the helmet is that you can easily scratch your nose at 60 mph. I am told the helmet is heavy, but my Wing is my first bike since I stopped riding in the 70s, and this is my first helmet since then, so I don't have much to compare it to. But, I can say that I took a 300 mile ride a few weekends back, and the weight of the helmet was not an issue. Maybe my butt gets so tired after 300 miles that the discomfort drowns out everything else? By the way, adding the speakers inside the helmet was a "must" for me. It makes riding soooo much more enjoyable. Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
I like the helmet so far. The "pump" in the back of the helmet never worked on mine, but I didn't see any big before/after difference when I tried out the pump at a local helmet dealer, so no big deal on that. I very much like the "lift up" front face. It is a quick way to "come up for air" on a hot day when you are either stopped or going slow, and it is nice to be able to easily put on my glasses before closing the front face, and it is nice to be able to quickly get the front face out of the way for a quick gas stop or a toll booth. When I was first learning to handle my new-to-me bike in July, it was nice to be able to turn the helmet into a 3/4 helmet for slow speed practice in the parking lot during that hot Virginia weather. Of course, the hands-down best-ever reason to buy the helmet is that you can easily scratch your nose at 60 mph. I am told the helmet is heavy, but my Wing is my first bike since I stopped riding in the 70s, and this is my first helmet since then, so I don't have much to compare it to. But, I can say that I took a 300 mile ride a few weekends back, and the weight of the helmet was not an issue. Maybe my butt gets so tired after 300 miles that the discomfort drowns out everything else? By the way, adding the speakers inside the helmet was a "must" for me. It makes riding soooo much more enjoyable. Enjoy.
Thanks for the info....I have worn a large in every brand from Shoei to Fulmer. The reviews say this helmet is sized small. Right now that's my biggest concern.

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.